For those Anti-Earth people who don't believe in Global Warming....

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by Sociologist, Jun 3, 2007.

1. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i'm tired of the entire stupid fucking debate. shit where you eat, you're gonna eat shit. fuck you. die mutherfucker. fine. but where the ENTIRE global warming movement lost points was in relying in MASS POLLUTING BASTARDS telling everyone else what they were supposed to do while not doing what they told everyone else to do. politicians, super-stars: NOT OUR BEST CITIZENS. it's all such shit. and then people had to put up with being LIED TO. i'm so annoyed. such a good thing gone to total shit because of liars and hypocrites and marketing. DAMN IT.

and i'm done. thank you for tolerating.

2. RoBoWaLkEr

RoBoWaLkEr Member

Could someone address my post? (Pressed Rat, I'm looking in your direction...)

Bear in mind I'm not taking sides, here...

3. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

heheh. yes you are taking sides.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

There are many naturally-occurring sources of CO2 other than volcanoes, including the oceans, which are also a major source of CO2 released into the atmosphere. If you take all the natural sources of CO2 released into the atmosphere -- be it from plants, volcanoes, the oceans or animals (ie. flatulence from cows) -- the percentage ratio from these sources far outweighs that which is attributed to human activity.

So it really is a minor detail this Ward person is fussing over. If the claims made in the video are as flawed as he would like the public to believe, he would have at least attempted to refute the major piece of evidence contradicting the "manmade" theory; this being that CO2 levels were found to lag behind temperature rise by 800 years, as proven by ice core samples. Or, he would have attempted to refute the fact that, between the 1940's and 1980's, the earth experienced a minor cooling period, despite the fact that industrial production and the release of CO2 vastly accelerated during this time.

These two facts alone do major damage to the theory of global warming being manmade, yet the critics of this documentary decide to nit-pick over the most minor details, looking to discredit the video any way they can without actually attempting to disprove the video's central theme, which is that humans are not the leading contributors of CO2 released into the atmosphere, and that greenhouse gases likely play a minimal role in this warming process altogether.

5. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

I'll not get into the argument, Rat's doing a good enough job at it. But, just for the record, I'd like to say that the idea that global warming is the result of human activity is bullshit.

6. Breakxeggs

Breakxeggs Member

I'm going to agree with Nalencer, only I will ad that Humans have only sped up the process not caused it.

7. bytheseaside

bytheseaside Member

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Absolutely. Thanks for bringing that up.

9. lithium

lithium frogboy

The oceans are a net carbon sink, natural sources of co2 are in balance with reabsorption usually accounting for more than is emitted; observed postwar cooling is a consequence of sulphate aerosols; 800 year lag proves that co2 is not a primary cause of the earth moving out of an ice age but a feedback cycle reinforcer of warming once it occurs. To deal with just three of the basic factual errors and misunderstandings that pressed_rat repeats and repeats and repeats. I and others have gone through every one of the lies he's repeated here in other threads and demonstrated how they are inaccurate, irrelevant or outright false. He clearly has no understanding of the science and no desire to learn.

It's quite clear he has not read the evidence; he has not read the IPCC reports; he has no understanding of what the IPCC actually is. He HAS read a few anti-global warming websites and seen that infamous Durkins film, and based his entire position on these sources. He seems to have no understanding of scientific method and how we come to know things at all; in his view all scientists whose discoveries underpin our knowledge are politically biased and untrustworthy (and their peer reviewed, widely accepted methods and results secretly fabricated?) while those on the fringes who dispute the hard-won and well-understood scientific evidence on the basis of little or no falsifiable evidence of their own are of course telling the absolute truth. I really can't be bothered to discuss the issue with the likes of him any more, he is a clod. He is incapable of listening and seeing past his own blinkered ideological bias.

Shame, this forum has potential, but with all the ignorant deniers shouting louder than anyone who actually knows or thinks about the issue, the environment forum here is really for the most part worthless, any debate usually just turns into a political one not one which addresses the issues and the science.

10. LoveHealsTheWorld420

LoveHealsTheWorld420 Member

Thanks for posting this, I learned a lot of new info!

11. Four Winds

Four Winds Member

Everyone listen to PressedRat!

Humans dump countless TONS of CO2 into the air every year. But yet, we can't be at fault for global warming. Yeah, thats fucking smart buddy.

Nobody pay him any attention. He is one of the dumbest, most ignorant users I have seen on this website. Like lithium pointed out, he is very quick to deny Global Warmings very existence; but SURPRISE SURPRISE, he is unable to offer any evidence to the contrary. This is the kind of person, who sees one theory that at least sounds plausible, and decides to adopt it as his/her own and tries to cling to non-conformity by arguing with thousands of scientists who have spent their life researching this stuff. He's a real rebel because he can point to an innacurate study by a rogue scientist, and the occasional anti-global warming movie, and now, he is an expert! Because, Al Gore is just brainwashing us all. Global Warming isnt happening, and human CO2 emissions clearly have no effect on the atmosphere right? Bullshit.

Because you choose to be ignorant, and deny the existence of a climate crisis that could only be more apparent if it morphed into a person and slapped you in the face, please do not ask others to do the same. You're entitled to your opinion, yes. However, an opinion based on bullshit, and one which is in contrast to 95% of scientists who believe global warming is a real and imminent danger, is not one people like to hear. We will continue to strive for solutions, and continue to partake in enviromentally friendly solutions that better the condition of planet Earth. You? Go ahead and keep chuggin down that highway in your SUV, littering, and wasting energy at will. Its people like you that have slowed this down so much that we still have done basically nothing to combat global warming; it is people like YOU, PressedRat, who hindered this process to such an extent that the Earth is now in RAPID decline. All I can say, is that I don't know how you sleep at night.

Global Warming is real. To all those people who say it isnt; good, now we've heard your opinion, so get the fuck outta here and go spend you're time on something else, something productive. You are in no way helping. When huge portions of Asia flood in the coming years, I hope somebody is there to tell the millions of kids without families, food, or shelter; 'hey, you can thank assholes like PressedRat for this. they wanted to deny their responsibility for royally fucking up our planet, and had to continue their hugely enviromentally un-friendly ways, now look where we are!"

Global Warming is happening. To be honest- nobody really gives two shits about the ignorant people saying humans arent responsible for this. You're better off spewing your bullshit elsewhere and saving us the annoyance. We ARE responsible. It is OUR responsibility to do our best to stop it.

Man up, and accept responsibility for what we have done to the planet. Then we can move forward in tackling this issue TOGETHER. Remember, this is our planet. This is bigger than politics, or social and economic affairs. This is IT. This is all we've got, and we need to step up and put all that other bullshit aside for a second and decided what must be done to ensure the future of planet Earth and ALL of its inhabitants.

12. Mushgirl

Mushgirl Member

Did anyone see that programme which was on (in the UK) on Channel 4 a while back? It managed to somehow give you the 'facts' that Global Warming is a made-up horror-story from the Media. How lame. Just as people were beginning to give a shit, they unleash something like that programme to make you believe something that's not true. Then, surprise surprise, the truth came out that in fact it wasn't 'fact' at all but the statistics (showing that Global Warming doesn't exist) were all twisted anyway.

13. gragon

gragon Member

gragon.

the man! says there is no worry about global warming, but there is! the ocean is rising, the earth is warming mother nature cannot survive unless we act now so do what you can & help the enviornment plant a tree, recycle walk or take a bike.

14. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

So, how exactly do you all know the facts? You've become entrenched in a position that you've never had an honest look at, because you've been told it all by the media. Sure, if you watch the news, it sounds like global warming is a serious issue. But that's bullshit. The earth naturally warms and cools. It's a cycle that's been repeated for millions of years. But now it's an issue, only because the forces in control of this world want to use it to push an agenda.

15. Pronatalist

Pronatalist Banned

What "agenda?" (global domination, the promotion of universal global poverty) Climate naturally cycles? Since when? (since there has been climate and people fled the natural weather to live in homes) What? Climate change isn't a serious issue? (not compared to real issues like taxation and human rights abuses, for which there is actually evidence) Who would want to push an "agenda?" (globalists and enviro-wackos and other assorted atheists) Why can't trust the media, and what they want to tell us? (Incidently controlled by a handful of greedy corporations)

16. BlameitontheTetons

BlameitontheTetons Member

So uhh... are you being facetious, or was that serious? Like... I thought you were serious with all those answers until you listed atheists as agenda pushers... were you serious?

Anyway, it's hard to take sides on issues when there's is no way of knowing if your facts are right. It's sad that on every modern issue citizens have to decide on today it is impossible to make a good decision because you can never be sure if your listening to the actual truthful data. So, if you guys are going to debate on this, shouldn't you list your sources and shit so we can tell who's right? Pretty much whoever has better sources has the more believable argument.

17. Pronatalist

Pronatalist Banned

List sources? Why? Can't you google just like I can? Are you offering to pay me for my time? Am I obligated to "prove" what supposed "educated" people should know already?

It's not just about who's side supposed sounds more logical or "scientific" (to the poorly informed mind that is), but isn't there some component of "common sense" and credibility and perverse motives ? Why promote hokey, can't-see-it-for-sure "global warming" or "overpopulation" theories? Well the obvious reason, would be to steal away people's freedom, and to shift personal moral responsibility, to unaccountable greedy corporations and crooked lying politicians. Isn't it awfully convenient, that they pick CO2 as a supposed pollutant? Something so ubiquitous, as to be nearly impossible to practically "control," and something so related to producing energy and related prosperity, which would presumably be increasingly necessary, for an increasingly populous, and hopefully to become somewhat more peaceful?, world?

18. Naoki_ninja

Naoki_ninja Bruce Lee's hero

Many people who declare there is no global warming problem; are right. here's were they falter: global warming is like a snow ball, as it keeps rolling, it get's bigger.people don't get the concept that we control about 80% of what happens on this planet. therefore, they believe that the earth is just slowly deterierating. we speed it along. what my point is that it isn't a corporate buy-out situation. this is real people.

19. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

Actually, humans do not produce the majority of CO2 that is emitted. Where do you get the 80% statistic? The majority of CO2 is emitted by volcanoes. One fair-sized volcano emits more CO2 than all the cars on earth in the same amount of time. The idea that humans produce the majority of CO2 emissions is untrue. Even of the chunk that humans do produce, it's the transnational corporations producing it, not Joe Average who didn't buy a hybrid car.

But CO2 isn't an issue anyway, it's connection to global warming is just made up bullshit. The reason for global warming is simple: the sun is heating up. And it will cool down again, just like it always has. Did you know the polar ice caps are also melting on Mars? I wonder why that would be? Because it's the natural cycle of the solar system, not people using the wrong light bulbs.

20. Hippydragon

Hippydragon Member

Let me some some words about the "Great Climate Swindle."

It is currently being aired on the ABC which is Australia's national TV station.

There has been furore as many of the scientists in the program complained of being taken out of context and miss quoted. In fact one scientist quoted in the program contacted the ABC and tried to convince them not to show it as it was misleading at best...

The only reason it is being aired is because the current regime here (the Howard Govt) are evil scum fucks intent on destroying the world and have politicised the ABC.

As their party recieves millions of dollars of donations from the coal industry (which is the biggest industry down here)they have pressured the ABC to show it.

Anyway here is an article from the Sydney Morning Herald, one of Australia's most respected papers about how the science in this program is faulty in the extreme.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/environment/climate-sceptic-directors-missing-details/2007/07/13/1183833724424.html

This article was in TODAYS paper. I guarantee you if you bother to research a little deeper you will find that "the great climate swindle" has been totally and utterly discredited.

Cheers
    J