For the romantics...

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by sugarmaggie, Jan 21, 2005.

1. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! :D

Those are all sooo sweet. I just love reading all this mushy stuff. :)

I just wish I had something recent to tell, but I just ain't having any luck in the man department right now. And I'm lonely, too damnit! :(

2. FreeBird1969

FreeBird1969 Fleas on their paws.

Well...I wasn't dating him or anything but this is what happened...

After school on Fridays, our principals basically kick us out of the building at 2:30. A couple weeks ago, everybody was all crowded around each other outside because it was SOO very cold. My friend Philip came up to me and saw my hands shivering and submerged them in his long hair to warm them. And then he held them in his until I had to go catch my bus...I thought it was sweet. :rolleyes:

3. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

hi sugarmaggie.
    my girl. she can make me experience things as if they were the first time all over again. even though i thought i'd seen and felt it all before. she shows so much passion in life. i recall, recently as we made love she looked at me and said that she had always had giddy, silly, childlike notions of what lovemaking would be and had before always thought it romantic bullshit and yet here we two were making it real and beautiful.
    those words were like ear candy and reading some of the stuff on here made me remember :)

4. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

The last time I went home to visit the pooface, he decided we would go to the park and take a walk...in Unionville lol (we live in the GTA)... so we got all dressed up in our winter gear and spent quite a bit of time walking through this gorgeous park. Everything was covered in ice, the trees looked like they were just draped in all this crystal. We went and played with the duckies in the pond, and then we stopped on this long bridge that was under all this beautiful weeping willow trees. He put his arms around me, and pulled me to him, and told me how much he loves me... and we just stood there like that forever, him holding me close and me with my head on his chest, listening to his heart beat through his open jacket. (He opened it to wrap around me because I'm a wimp and was cold!) The whole day was just one beautiful moment after another, and the moment on the bridge (which seemed like a lifetime, and a split second at the same time) was simply magical.

5. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

yea. after he had said that we both had tears in our eyes. but I fucked up and moved now he and i are really good friends and we talk all the time. everytime we talk he tells me that if things dont work out with my fiancee and i that he would send for me and the baby (if the baby is born by then) and take care of us and raise my child as his own. he is too sweet.

6. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

wow.. your fiance must be awesome for you to be with him instead of your ex... since he still wants you back even though you "fucked up"... i'm sure you're very lucky :)

7. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

lets see.....

my current bf...

lol.. we were at a new years party and of course we kissed right at midnight... but a while after we were sitting on the porch all alone looking at the stars and he looked at me and told me i was fucking amazing and that he loved me... and he gave me his lucky 4 leaf clover and we exchanged hemp necklaces... it was such a simple thing, but it was certainly romantic... in MY eyes anyways

8. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

I am extremely lucky. I am also just torn between the two it sux. but I know that no matter what hippie will always always be there for me as a friend.

9. Layla Nahar

Layla Nahar Member

Sounds like the intense moments I've had with my bf.

10. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

This love letter... :D

"Dear Katie,

I love the fact that you are vulgar, disgusting, and free. Thank you for holding my hand and preventing me from running into walls.

Love,

Xenia"

awwww... :D

11. Jennyflower

Jennyflower Member

I love reading all this stuff. me and my boyfriend have yet to have a romantic moment like that, but i get such a great feeling everytime he holds me. nothing romantic is being said and theres no great gesture of affection but just his mere presence makes me feel all gooey and loved. the other night we were just mucking around on his bed and he pushed me over and leant over me and said "you know your wonderful", im sure he has said those words before to various other girls though. but still, it made me feel all nice inside! jen x p.s. whats everyone got in store for valentines day?

12. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

these are all so sweet *sigh* I heart love :)

mine started a long time ago - i was 14, and on holiday, at this place we go to every year. Now when i was a wee girl, i was good mates with the family that lived next door, we were holiday buddies, esp the girl a year younger and the boy a year older...but i hadn't seen them in years.

anyway, i'm chilling in my room, and there is a knock at the door and the most amazing guy i've EVER seen comes in the door - his eyes just slayed me, i swear to god my heart literally skipped.

Anyway, i had a huge crush on him for years after that - seeing him only occasionally. But we've seen each other a little more over this summer as he's working near where I am. On sat night, we had a huge talk - turns out that he felt the same jolt all those years ago, and we ended up faling asleep under the stars, in each others arms....*sigh*

13. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

DAMNIT why do all the good ones have to be taken, huh?

14. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I had this boyfriend my freshman year of highschool who was wise in the romance department far beyond most adult men. On valentines day he left a long stem rose on my desk in all of my classes with a note under each one saying why he dug me and than when I met him at his car he gave me the rest and each one had a note attached-it was way good for a 16 year old-I was crushed when he moved. This is not the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me but it was like the first way romantic thing someone has done for me.

15. JHardee13

JHardee13 Member

It was the first kiss I had with an ex. We were both in the back seat of my friend's car. My 2 friends were up front. I asked her if I could use her as a pillow. She said yes, and I lay back on her, her head resting on mine. At the time my hair was long, and I remember the wind from the windows blew both of our until I remember thinking is that my hair or hers? She began plnting little kisses on my head, barely noticable, and after a few minutes I pushed my hair over my ears, all the while staring at the way the wind was making our hair dance together. When I had all I could take, I turned my head to look at her and our lips met for the first time. It was as though we were alone in a bubble. Never before or sunce had I had that "everything around you vanishes" feeling. While Ive been in love many times since, I don't think anything will ever compare with that moment. I'll carry that smile to my grave

16. innocentpoison333

innocentpoison333 Member

Well once me and my ex boyfriend got into a fight and I was talking to him on the phone. And he was getting upset, so he told me he was coming over and didnt want to lose me. So at 1 in the morning he came over and stood in my driveway crying. I walked outside and told him he was crazy, and then when I realized he was crying I started to cry and he grabbed me and held me close, told me he loved me and didnt want to lose me, and that he was sorry for being a jerk. And then he gave me fake flowers lol, cuz it was all he could find....

Another time I could think of was when we just met and were in his room and he turned to me and goes "your so beautiful, would you like to dance?" It caught me so off guard andI said sure and he goes "well lets go outside," so we did and we just randomly were slow daning in his backyard. And he sighed and asked for permission to kiss me which at the time I thought it was sweet because his eyes looked so nervous, and his voice sounded unsure.

17. GreenButterflyDaisy

GreenButterflyDaisy Desi

my boyfriend and I were really angry about some things and we took some triple c's to relax...he rigged up the cd player and put in some of our favorite cd's (incubus,audioslave,chavelle,and a few others) on random. We layed on the couch with a fuzzy faux fur blanket and cuddled up. we layed there and told each other how much we loved each other...talked about all the beautiful things we were seeing..how safe we felt with each other...how much we wanted to be together forever..we just held each other all night long professing our love and enjoying visual hallucinations...it was so sweet

18. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

That's gorgeous!

I have alot that I can't really decide between so I'm going to go with the most recent. Last Friday my boyfriend got to my hosue at like 8 in the morning and woke me up with kisses. and I turned around and smiled at him all dopey and sleepy and he'd brought me coffee (we're caffine fiends) and then he got into bed with me and looked in my eyes really hard and gave me this beautiful ring that looks like waves and had this amazing poetic speech about this buddhist wave theory saying how all waves big and small effect each other forever and even when I'm across the waves from him (i'm goin' to Africa in a few months) he'll still love me and wait for me. Then we made love for a really long time and fell asleep in the morning sun. It was sucha great day. When we woke up we sat outside and played guitar and he sang this song he wrote about us that made me cry and choked him all up. And we got all goofy later and danced around to blind melon tunes and took about a million naps together...

19. Jinny

Jinny Member

My friend was working in one of London's big Professional Theatres, getting a new show in. He organised it all. I was having a bad time with life, and he wanted to help.

One day, he called me and said to come to the theatre, he had a surprise for me. It was quite late, when I got there in the afternoon, and was told to go to the Stage. I did, and he called me up to the top of the Scaffold Tower. I scrambled up all the ladders. There was no backdrop in, and the stage was cleared of boxes - very odd for a Show coming in ! As soon as I got to the top, I asked him if he was ok. He said 'perfectly', and I noticed a picnic rug on the floor of the Tower. He guided me to sit down, as he shut the trap door and pulled the rug over it, and all the lights in the theatre went out. It was so dark I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. Then there was a gentle humming sound as one of the big lights woke up, and shone on the huge Disco Ball needed for the show. The ball spun and the lights whorled around us. It was just like sitting in space. I couldn't help but gasp. It was breathtaking. Then he hauled up something on a rope, which turned out to be a picnic hamper, and we sat there, alone together, in space, having a picnic. It was so beautiful, and after we finished eating, we lay on our tummies looking over the edge into the swirling 'stars' and I cried a million tears, watching them fall into the darkness below. He just stayed silent, lying next to me,with his hand laying across my back. Saying nothing, but just being there for me.

He was, and is, an amazing friend, and will never understand what our picnic in the stars did for me. It was the most romantic, and soul lifting, experience I've ever had.

20. HappyDrivin

HappyDrivin Member

*tear* that's amazing!