For the ex-smokers

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Elle, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Elle

Elle Senior Member

How long since you've quit? And do you still crave ciggs? I quit about 2.5 months shy of a year ago and I still crave them alot more than I expected to after being this far into a smoke free exsistance. I feel so tempted to buy a pack almost everyday and I'm just wondering if it's just me or what. If this goes away....but almost a year....that's a long time with no smokes. I don't want to start again, but I want to get to where I still don't think about starting again all the time....will that ever happen?:confused:

2. Cornball1

Cornball1 Member

I know that feeling. That first 6 months or so I really wanted a smoke. Not for the nicotine but just to have one. Try cutting a bic pen in half to about the size of a cigg. to suck air through. Try using that to wean yourself off the habbit. It's been 3 and a half years since I quit and I will still get a craving every once in a while. Its something you just have to bite the bullet on and do.

3. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

No .I can't stand the smell of cig smoke.It makes me sick.I am now on a high cholesterol diet and I butter everything.It is a little known fact that cholesterol is necessary to build the serotonin receptors in the brain.Serototnin is the hormone that makes you feel good.I won't touch margarine with a barge pole.

4. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

July 27, 2003. So, I've quit for about a year and a half. I want a cig right now just thinking about it! But, when I smell them, or smell someone who has just smoked, it disgusts me. To think, we used to smell like that, too!

5. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

Elle

I recommend this site: http://forums.quitnet.com/

they have a forum. check it out

me personally:
    25 days smoke-free. I have not smoked 251 cigarettes, saving $40.79 and 1 Day, 17 hours and 50 minutes of my life. On 1/1/2005, 3 Weeks, 4 Days, 2 hours, 33 minutes and 22 seconds ago, I stopped killing myself.

6. Elle

Elle Senior Member

wow- congrats to you all for having quit.
    Thanks for the link missfontella, I'll def check that out.