For Long Term/Married couples

Discussion in 'Sex Polls' started by thesacredkitchen, Mar 7, 2010.

1. flasexwriter

flasexwriter Members

33 years and we have sex 3-4 times a week. Got to keep it spicy. Keep her satisfied and she will want it too !

Alice in SC likes this.
  2. David (71)

David (71) Members

Hi. I'm 72,my wife 68. We have sex every other day.:hearteyes:

3. erofant

erofant Members

Married 33 years. Wife lost interest after last kid. I went for over 6 1/2 years with NO SEX of any kind. ZERO. For about 5 years prior to the 6 1/2 year empty hole, we were down to about twice per year.I take extreme care of my hygiene and grooming - all over. And I LOVE to give her oral. Really, truly love to give oral, and experiment in any way to please sexually. I bought several vibrators - Cadillacs and Rolls Royce level vibrators - not cheapies. They don't intimidate me. I don't feel less of a man - I know many women need more than just penetration to get off. No problem here.

I tried 5 counselors and she didn't like going to counselors herself. She's very sexually repressed. She puts no effort or time into our sex life. She never mentions sex at all. During that 6 1/2 year dry spell she never mentioned the fact that we were having NO sex. I don't think it even entered her mind.Things are SLIGHTLY improving now, but miles to go. BTW ………. I NEVER cheated on her.

Thoughts?

4. FrustratedHornball

FrustratedHornball Self Made Artist

Been married 23 years. There have only been two dry spells. Once because of post-partum depression after our youngest was born. The second out of frustration because as her body has changed over the years (early onset menopause, etc.) she finds it very difficult to achieve orgasm, so rather than get all worked up and disappointed, she didn't even want to initiate anything. We have worked through those issues, and are exploring new ways to help her climax (anal play, using vibrators during sex, etc.) and we are back to having sex 4-5 times a week.

Alice in SC likes this.
  5. David (71)

David (71) Members

I'm 72. Been married 52 years. We fuck every other day. I don't always cum but I do most times. She cums like a train. At least four times.

erofant likes this.
  6. rheeglenn

rheeglenn Members

My wife and I have been married 13 1/2 years, and we've never stopped having sex for a meaningful period of time, in what would constitute a dry spell. We do it anywhere from 1-2 to 5 days a week, depending on schedules, energy level, etc. We're definitely way into each other, and we've commonly told each other that we hope to keep having sex into our old age.

erofant likes this.
  7. erofant

erofant Members

Posts # 84,85, &86 - Bravo Gentlemen!! Give your wives an extra hug. Best to you guys going forward.

FrustratedHornball likes this.
  8. CalebDume

CalebDume Members

The frequency of sex is not what it used to be. We've been married for 13 years and have 2 young kids. We make it a priority to still have sex once a week.

For some people it can get pretty bad (months between), but not everybody. Look up sexless marriages.

9. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

Married for 34 years before my wife passed away. from cancer. We averaged 2 to 3 times a week. When she got sick it slowed down a lot ( by my choice, I was afraid of hurting her. ) But she did not want it to stop completely. At least not till she became very ill..

10. The Shark

The Shark Members

It's not being married that kills sex. After we got married, my wife & I had sex as much as we did when we were dating.

What kills sex for couples is children

We have two small kids right now: Our son is 3 & our daughter is 10 months. Taking care of small children absorbs all of your time and it really wipes you out. That's why you always hear about married people being too tired. I'm ready for the kids to get a little older so my wife & I aren't so tired all the time.

11. rheeglenn

rheeglenn Members

Totally disagree that having children "kills" couples' sex lives. My wife and I have four kids, the oldest is 9 1/2. The rate at which we've had sex after having kids as opposed to before has barely declined at all.

I understand that it's different for each couple. Health factors can be at play that can cut into the energy level. But mainly I think it's about priorities. I think that both parents should help each other in as many facets as possible so that either one of them is less prone to feeling "wiped out." Further, if one parent is consistently the one feeling "wiped out," that can breed feelings of resentment toward the other parent, which further hinders sex drive.

That said, it's very true that some days of feeling totally wiped are inevitable. Like I said, having kids has affected our sex lives, but just to a small degree (as given above, about 2-5 days a week, as opposed to maybe 3-6 days/week before kids). What helps keep the sex going--in addition to helping my wife whenever possible--is being understanding, on the days that my wife is totally not in the mood, that it's just not going to happen that day. That has helped cultivate respect and appreciation in our relationship so that my wife is that much more excited to have sex with me on other days--including some on occasion when she's been dog tired but managed to find a second wind for us. :)

12. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

We've been married 40 years and still have great sex, but it's only twice a month.

Alice in SC likes this.
  13. Rider43

Rider43 Members

We've been married for over 25 years and we still enjoy sex. We do it three to four times a week. Mutual masturbation not counting. You just need to try out something from time to time. As long as you are honest towards each other. You can have a healthy sex life when you are married

erofant likes this.
  14. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I second that! My wife and I are in our 60’s, monogamous and do everything together. There is something about maturity. If you are both open with each other and talk about sex daily as we do, then it only gets better. We even go nude and recently enjoyed a nude resort.

The Shark and erofant like this.
  15. Visexual

Visexual Member

We had forty fucking years. I'm guessing we averaged, over all of them, once a day. We've been married 47 now.

16. erofant

erofant Members

I have to report - happily - that our sex life has rebounded and is going really well at this point. My post #83 above is no longer valid !!! We've come a long way and things are good now. It took years and lots of effort, but worth it after all. My wife is enjoying it all again with gusto!!

Alice in SC likes this.
  17. Oldiebutgoodie

Oldiebutgoodie Members

Married 31 years. Sex at least twice a week and never use a condom now. Sometimes mutual oral between the twice a week. 72 and 67 this month for both of us. I think the biggest issue is to not give up on sex and say I am to old and just quit. For us it is as much about pleasing the other as ourselves. I have learned all the spots that get my wife to have orgasm. I wish I could get her to have multiples per encounter but her ones are so intense she clamps her knees together and says ENOUGH.

18. Alice in SC

Alice in SC Senior Member

I didn't know that the posts were numbered!

19. erofant

erofant Members

Alice .....Yep - over on the right side just to the left of the "like".

Alice in SC likes this.
  20. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

It's been three months. We didn't do it that often for 4 years before that either, only 2-3 times a month. I wish it was 2-3 times a week.

I don't understand when she says she doesn't feel sexy, she feels fat and doesn't want to have sex. WTF?! I don't feel like making dinner but I do most nights or we get takeout.

Alice in SC likes this.