Foot Shy

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by MRmouse23, Feb 1, 2017.

1. MRmouse23

MRmouse23 Members

I am a guy aged 18 and for a while i've been shy about going barefoot in front of of people. It started when i was about 10 when i started wearing socks to bed (i can't remeber why) and soon it got to the point were nobody ever saw me barefoot. when i was about 18 i started to want to go barefoot again but i was afraid about how my parents would react to it.

i moved into student accomodation recently and on my first day there after i moved my stuff in and my parents left i thought now is a good a time as ever and toed off my shoes and pulled off my socks. and it it felt really good. a spent the rest of the day in my room barefoot. the next day was the moment of truth in terms of being barefoot around others when the guy next door knocked on my door to say hello. i resited the urge to put my shoes or socks on and opened the door barefoot. after that day i bought flip flops to wear around the accomodation building and enrolled in the univeristy karate club. as soon as i go into my room the shoes nd socks come off.

Has anyone else been foot shy when they were younger

2. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

I can't say that I have felt like that exactly.

I used to want to go barefoot all around town. I was a bit shy about it at first, because people would always ask me if I lost my shoes or if I had lost a bet.

GOING BAREFOOT IS LIBERATING!!

Enjoy it! don;t let anyone's thoughts or opinions hold you back!

3. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Yes, that was me some 20 years ago. A rather complicated story behind it, but as a teen I was not comfortable with exposing ANY parts of my body in public. I did not go barefoot, nor shirtless for example, out in the open. It took me all the way to my 20's to open up to the thought of doing the barefoot thing publicly. A long wait that I now regret, since I'm now sure that I might have enjoyed having a barefoot childhood.

Basically, two things needed to happen to trigger the change. Firstly, I moved out to live on my own. The people around me changed, and nobody knew about my past aversion to going sockless. I suddenly found myself having the freedom to make up whatever shit I wanted about my past, and people couldn't prove me wrong. This made it easy to re-invent myself to others as someone who goes around barefooted, and does not give a shit.

Second, after years of wearing socks almost everywhere outside of showers, I found myself suffering from a medical condition, a fungal infection to my toenails. My nails had turned yellow and brittle, and there was a rather bothersome smell present. I needed to find a cure. This is also where my habit of doing winter time snow walks started. I took nail clippers and began to eliminate as much of the fungus infected area as possible from my nails, and then started giving my bare feet almost daily snow baths. I basically just jumped straight into the deep end. Come next spring, my toenails had returned to their former clear, healthy color. The treatment had worked.

I've been actively barefoot ever since.

1 person likes this.
  4. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Another former foot shy victim. I'm glad to made the transition to bare feet and put your best foot forward, pardon the pun. I turned the corner about the same age as you did, so considered yourself lucky to remedy your fear at such a young age. Living with this sort of shyness was never easy, not something you talk about with others, kind of felt like I was the only one with such feelings. There's not a lot of subject matter concerning this found on the internet, but what I do know now is, that is more common than one might think. I do believe it is more common in males than females.

One possible explanation on how this occurs is that the nerve stimuli of the feet are very close to the section of the brain that interprets sexual gratification. So in turn one might look as their feet as sexual parts. Another possible explanation is that the feet are generally covered in most public settings.

5. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

Yes, it is liberating!
    Take off those shoes and socks, free your feet and don't look back!
    I started one day as a teenager, and it was one of the best days of my life.

6. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I had pretty much the same feelings. Going shirtless was also a problem. It was not until my twenties did things change for me too. I felt I missed out on some great opportunities in regards to barefooting.

7. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

yes exactly!!

8. MrGalactica

MrGalactica Members

Hi Mr

I know how you feel, slightly. I was always embarrassed to go barefoot in front of my parents, family and friends, even inside. I still feel the same now, I'm terrified of someone I know seeing me barefoot in public. I'm not so bothered if I'm inside now though.

My advice is keep your flip flops on where you are because you're obviously not ready for that stage yet. What you need to do is start off slowly, go to a town near a beach if you can and walk barefoot around there. You'll still get the odd look but it's a more acceptable place to be. Then when you're ready for a little more adventure try going to places away from your city/town as whoever sees you barefoot chances are you'll never see them again!

Take your time.. :)

9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

O For Gods Sake "Grow A Set Of Balls".......You Made A Website About Barefooting And Your

Terrified About Being Seen Barefoot.........Please Explain.....????

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.