Fond memories from your childhood

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Peanuts, Jan 22, 2005.

1. DoDaMan

DoDaMan Member

I have a lot of fond memories when I was a child. But, the one that is my favorite is when my father and I went on the "L" (the L is the public train transportation in Chicago) and he took me to my first Cubs game. I was 4 years old. There is nothing like taking your kids to the ball park. As a matter of fact, mt girls LOVE going to Wrigley Field every summer, just like I did when I was a kid.................

~namaste~

2. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Messing around in rock pools at the beach when I was really young.

3. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

I have a lot of wonderful memories growing up. My Mom and I were very close. My Dad was always there but not very close to me till I was in my teens. (He didn't understand me/vice versa)

Childhood memories that stands out = building forts with the neighbors, going to visit my cousins on Sundays, ice skating, learning to swim, sticking my finger in the electrical socket for the first and last time, fighting with my brother, playing in my room for hours being totally content.

Memories with my Parents = there are so many. We moved a few times which was hard but the best was when we lived in Mass on the lake. We had people over all the time, my parents didn't drink or do drugs but we were allowed to drink on occasion. We had Summer cookouts and bombfires. Fishing, swimming, skating, water skiing. It was SUPER times.

When I was 17 my Dad offered me a job. During that time I got to know my Dad and I was able to love him for the man I never really knew he was/is. He's a great guy and Dad and after 14 years of getting to know him I have a lot of respect for him and appreciation.

Thank you Everyone who replied to this thread. I know some memories might be painful. I'm sorry that they were/are. My point in making this thread was to hear what you really loved growing up and getting ideas for my own Family. I want my children to have awesome experiences growing up and hopefully pass on the "good times" to their Family's some day.

4. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

when i was about 8, my dad took us on an amusement park round. one day we went to disneyland, the next to magic mountain (i hardly got to ride anything, too small), knotts berry farm the next, then sea world after that. it was exhausting, but so cool.

5. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

hmmmmmmmm my childhood for the most part really sucked but im going to focus on the good times i do remember.

During the summer my grandparents took us to OR to cannon beach spend a week there. it was awesome!

Climbing trees and playing in the woods with my childhood friends Chris, Sarah, and my brother.

6. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

hm, most of my fond childhood memories are centered around either set of grandparents. one set had a summer cottage and the other set had a farm. i loved both places. :D

my parents were always assholes to me. :(