Flowering Question

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Paulncaroline, May 30, 2004.

1. Paulncaroline

Paulncaroline Member

How early can one start the flowering process. How tall should a plant be. I dont want to put them to 12/12 too soon.

2. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

as soon as you switch it to 12/12, they'll start to flower.

3. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Its best to start flowering when you knwo that they are mature. If your plant has alternating nodes, that is a good way ot tell that they are mature. otherwise your buds will not be as good.

4. Paulncaroline

Paulncaroline Member

The thing is that I've got 2 kinds of seeds, 1 that once before gave me a top bud the 2 times the size of my forearm and produced a yield of almost 300 grams:D and the other is an unknown variety. "to me anyways" I've seen 1 to 2 ounce plants that had exelent bud, my goal is to produce exelent bud from seed to smoke within 3 and a half months...

5. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Assuming it is indica dominate give atleast 6 weeks veg and this gives you 8 weeks for flower to fit your 3.5 month schedule!Waiting till veg maturity at 7-8 weeks only assures you that plant will yield maximum of varieties potential.You can put in flower at any age ,affects only yield not quality!
    These were thrown in flower at 6 weeks veg and will yield .5-.6 grams per watt(600 WATTS) after harv.6 weeks in is about the point where no yield loss begins!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good Luck!

6. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

meangreen stop posting ur picks of ur plants and making other ppl jealous

7. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

It increases initiative and gives incentive for those beginning!

8. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

lol i know i know im just playing u god some bad ass plants

9. crashandburn

crashandburn Member

So I'm just starting, 1st time grower, and I needed to know how do I exactly germinate them? Like just put them on a wet papertowel or in a bag with a sponge in it, and would they need a light put on them or anything?

10. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Honestly your best bet is to get a good book and read or read faq's from grow sites before you venture into as there is nothing worse than a negitive first time grow detering one from trying again.

11. crashandburn

crashandburn Member

Tru dat meangreen:D It's not like I have anything else to do with my time anyways. haha.

12. Paulncaroline

Paulncaroline Member

I wish I had a digicam, I just remodeled my grow room and added 4, 3 foot long grow lux plant fluro's to add some variety to the colors in the light. after 9 days from seed I've allready got my first 5 leaf branch. I've grown pot a couple times but I've never seen five leafs until at least the later part of the second week.:confused: