Florida folks

Discussion in 'Florida' started by 4_Leaf_Clover, May 8, 2004.

1. HippieInMyHead

HippieInMyHead Member

Brooksville here. It's not too bad around here. This county and the ones to the north and south, bill themselves as the "nature coast" because we limit coastal development and maintain an endangered black bear corridor and habitat. We also have Weeki Wachee Springs here. It's one of the last surviving original hokie 1950's era Florida attractions. Most of these kinds of places are long gone since interstate highways and Disney came along. This place is built on the headsprings of the Weeki Wachee River. They built an indoor underwater spring viewing area where they perform mermaid shows. A scene in Analyze That was shot there in the underwater theater.

Oh yeah...we have plenty of rednecks here too, but I think that's just a front. They're all probably guerilla growers or have meth labs out back in the shed!

2. xscoutx

xscoutx Member

yow! brooksville...i avoid b'ville; my crazy grandmother lives there!

3. anok4uok

anok4uok Member

ehh, i live in ocala, not many people to make friends with, everyone's a lame entertained consumer, and the town is full of corporate chain businesses, i got about maybe 2-3 good friends, with same ideologies, everyone else is....i don't know, ocala people are either weird, shadey, cold, or something not enjoyable like that, i'm about to go insane living here, i really just want to get the hell out, but no car to leave in, and i don't got the guts to go off by myself with a back pack and dumpster adventures, not to mention, no experience in that sort of living, need a partner kinda

4. Jester

Jester Member

Heheh ... I'm flitting between Wales and Altamonte at the moment !!

5. wandrnshaman

wandrnshaman Member

add one more to the Tampa bay area. St Pete really, when I'm not truckin'!

6. bluefairy

bluefairy Member

i live in jacksonville beach...visiting my gramma for a week in lady lake-->the villages<--

7. lavalamped

lavalamped Member

Any "hippies" from Florida? I have been here a month or so & all I have seen are squares....Come say hello to me!!!!!!!!

8. xscoutx

xscoutx Member

i'm in pensacola

9. pinocchio

pinocchio Banned

I live very close to Trinity! You're just looking for heads in the wrong places, girl... We're out there. You're in a great part of the state to meet kind folk, seriously, just go hang out some!

Oh yeah!
    hello to you!
    :p

10. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

Yeah, from WPB here. Where is Triniy, I've never even heard of it.

11. dhs

dhs Senior Member

Sarasota here - pretty square folk around these parts too. There is absolutely NO good music or scene in the area.

12. ONE WEST

ONE WEST Member

Jacksonville Beach FL....thats right...on the island........if ever somone is out this way dont hesitate to get in contact with me for a good time....good buds...bitches and....beer......peace and vision........

13. pinocchio

pinocchio Banned

Jax is hot for live music

Sarasota...Siesta Key drum circle on Sunday??? Killer scene!!! GO!

Don't know much about west palm beach but there's lots of shows there.

Pensacola has, ummm, Gulf Breeze??? The island where all the surfers go. Its ok, I guess, there's some parties there but I never found much of a scene. Is there one there?

14. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I'm well aware of the drum circles - they are a lot of fun. They have them on Wednesday's and Saturday's on Nokomis beach as well. I just wish there was decent bands coming through here. Aside from truly awful Jimmy Buffet cover bands - there isn't much.

15. lavalamped

lavalamped Member

Well, COME HANG OUT WITH ME GODDAMNIT!. HAHA.:D

16. lavalamped

lavalamped Member

I dunno....clearwaterish-tampa, haha. The city itself is only like 2years old. I am off Little Road. MMhmm.

17. pinocchio

pinocchio Banned

Do I have a choice when you put it like that? Not that I wouldn't come hang witcha if you wanted me too! :)

18. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

The scene in south florida is these goth kids. Have you guys heard of Dead Star Assembly? They're big around here, I'm sure they've been up north. There's raves in miami, but all 21+, and it's more ghetto/hispanic instead of like the traditional "candy" type rave.

19. lavalamped

lavalamped Member

Yes, pinocchio & backtothelab are gonna come see me...soon. I am bored to death. Every day..same thing. It's awful. I know I am going to keil over soon. BAH!!! HELP ME!!!
    School starts Aug 9th...too far away, pfft.

20. ButterCup

ButterCup Member

Somewhere in the south here.. not for long. going to be in Ocala. Nov Dec