Fleeing our Orwellian State...

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by ShuggaMagnolia, Mar 26, 2006.

1. cadcruzer

cadcruzer Sailing the 8 seas

......give this a read, S.G. Collin'shttp://www.postwarmedia.nl/howams_pg/ohsoyouwannalivehere.html

2. ShuggaMagnolia

ShuggaMagnolia Member

thanks cadcruzer, good site...I think i'll not end up moving to amsterdam however because it seems that everyone over there has their wooden shoes on too tight...lol I'm considering also moving back to Ireland to my fam. but thats a different topic.

3. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

Who the fuck gave this thread a 5 star rating? Not worth a 1 star. Must be the idiot who started it.

4. No1Boss

No1Boss Member

I don't think you have to look further than koopa.!
    Why would anyone give it any sort of rating apart from him,
    with all his banging on like a shit house door in a storm.

5. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

then you'd be wrong, but thanks for making a ridiculous assertion. Please enlighten me as to why you believe that nobody else would rate this thread besides me? Then please explain why you believe I would want to give this waste of internet space thread a good rating?

FURTHERMORE

I wasn't rude to the original poster until he called me eurotrash. I complimented his trade school work, acknowledged the fact that others were rude to him, then offered suggestions on how to better approach the board for information. After that I was called eurotrash and told that NO hippies became yuppies. From that point, all I did was debate that single claim. I'm sorry if making a point in a logical way was too much reading for you. It did take more typing to make a logical point in debate form than shugga used to lash out and insult people, thats true!

P.S. stick to comic books if you can't handle reading something with length or substance. or your previous 18 posts for that instance....half of them are one sentence or less!

P.P.S. are you just trying to be a flamer on this thread?

6. smiley420

smiley420 Member

cant we all just get a bong?

7. ShuggaMagnolia

ShuggaMagnolia Member

Mopperm, I recant my apology...you are just old..... Why would I give it a 5 star rating when all that happened was a bunch of idiots came in and shoved it so far off topic,(4 fucking pages ago), that I have to explain the difference between a Hippie, Yuppie, And Yippie to this out of touch, burntout,self proclaimed professor of American History? Let alone have to tell your geriatric moldy ass my life story because you are attacking my intellegence, very classy I might add. Well, I'm not a classy person, so here are a few choice words to remember me by; You can keep your wood shoe wearing, clock making, minature golf course of a country, go live in a windmill, and play your polka or whatever the hell you listen to. To hell with your over priced weed, and tolarance at the back door bullshit. I hope Amsterdam floods. And I hope you get caught up in the same shit we americans are, you deserve it. May the great steel trap of facism snap shut on your country, so you will know what its like to be in our shoes, just looking for some help. You are an idiot. And koopa, I got a quote for you. Your logic is like an old dog fucking your mom, slow and sloppy. Thanks for nothing bitches.

8. koopa

actually the differences were never called into question. your baseless assertion was that NO hippies became yuppies. Your reference, your parents. My argument was that some did, my reference was the encyclopedia.

SEE BELOW PAL

notice how you ASSUMED I confused Yuppie with Yippie..........
    so once again, I was not confused and the encyclopedia says I'm right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuppie

"According to the stereotype, yuppies are more conservative than the hippies who preceded them (in reality, many of the early yuppies were actually hippies in the 1960s and early 1970s). Dispensing with the social causes of the hippies (who themselves shed traditional values), yuppies tend to be "work hard / play hard" types. A cinematic example is Gordon Gekko in the movie Wall Street."

YOU SHUGGA are the one who is confused. You misinterpreted my statement, brought the yippies into it and then claimed that this is what our debate was about. So show me how my logic is slow and sloppy pal. I'll dice and slice your bullshit each and everyday you stick it in my face.

9. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

Is that all you can come up with is "you are old". Cheers to you! Oh I forgot your not old enough to drink mr. young and "life" dumb. This is what you get for starting such an ignorant thread.

10. koopa

actually I was referring to YOU as "slugger" in that sentence......excuse me for missing a comma! But you are 100% right when you say that it must of been the eurotrash in me.

I'm good at getting out of the truths way and letting it hit people in the face like a baseball bat, slugger.

Come to think of it I like it better without you in the sentence at all. That would be a cool sig.....thanx

11. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

Koopa, I believe our twit shugga thinks were dutch and living in Europe. Just a couple of piggy americans living in the US of A. Like I said he was....young and dumb and without a clue. Bet he's never even been out of the midwest let alone his home state.

12. koopa

why did you ruin the surprise already mopperm? It was fun seeing just how naive, misguided and impressionable he is. He came to a message board for advice about moving to holland and wound up insulting the entire dutch population simply because he felt rejected by some posters on the internet who he falsely assumed we were dutch! He even thought I screwed up the grammar of that slugger sentence because I was a native dutchman! I was really getting into it man, he was taking the level of his embarassment up a major notch towards the end too....:(

13. furball666

furball666 Member

i am kinda proud of being eurotrash.
    yeah it was funny how he thought everyone in amsterdam forum must be dutch =)

mopperm and koopa are both from uk, right?

14. koopa

atleast some are paying attention, I don't know who that somebody is but.... :)

15. guest1234

guest1234 Visitor

Haha same here.

16. rpecker

rpecker Member

Shugga reminds me of what happens at the Thanksgiving table when the freshman comes home from college and spouts out all his new found knowledge and ideals to the rest of the family, who has not only heard it all before, but can look back at it with a cynical eye after taking off the rose colored glasses. God bless the little fella anyway.

17. Svi

Svi Member

Yippie yuppie hippie huppie

18. DavidPNutt

DavidPNutt Member

You should try moving somewhere other than Indiana first and see how things change. Try San Diego or Boston. I understand that we live in tough times over here, but there are plenty of places in the US that may be a little easier to settle in. Holland is great. I too would love to settle down there, but you may want to see what else the US has to offer.

19. ispica

ispica Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hi Koopa, Mopperman,

That was a great exchange, I loved the action. Koopa, you swing a mean bat, Mopperman, you know excatly what to say, DavidPNutt, please, not Boston and especially not our beloved Amsterdam.

Besides, I like it here in America and I'm here by choice. America my be on a facist course, but facism is always looming about and not just in the US. We just need to be nimble enough to get out of its way when it does land. It's harder to hit a moving target.

20. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Ha ha...:D the Dutch don't want Americans coming over there to LIVE. They want you to come visit, have yourself a kick and then get the fuck out.

As much as I love the Netherlands (altogether) and the social progress they've made, I wouldn't consider making such a huge move UNLESS America became unbearable. And with GWB in charge--that could very well happen, but as much as I love pot and sexual liberation and the social progress of the Dutch, MOVING there would be too radical a change without years of getting to know the language and culture better.