Flashbacks?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by lovedatmj, May 28, 2004.

1. lovedatmj

lovedatmj Member

Is it possible to have flashbacks from a shroom trip? If so, how long after the trip can they return?

2. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Yes, and anytime in your life; don't worry about it.

3. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

a flashback is sordof like deja vu...

usually some sense will trigger it and i will get a vague feeling of being on acid. its kind of nice....

4. lovedatmj

lovedatmj Member

So pretty much shrooms are always in your system once you do them?

5. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

naw man... they arent always in your system, dont believe that dare bullshit.

deja vu occurs because of a strong important occurance in ones lifes... people have war flashbacks because it was so intense.

you might not even get flashbacks, the one i get are nothing like being on the drug itself. so dont be scared of them..

6. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

never had a flashback....dont know what theyre like or anything

7. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

flashbacks are a type of post tramatic stress disorder that happen to about 25% of regular users of psychedelics. It has noting to do with the drug still being in your system.

8. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

"flashbacks," so to speak, can be triggered, like someone said, by similar stimuli or recurrent thoughts about the trip. for example, i can mentally place myself in a trippy state and can will myself to get a few weak visuals, especially when i am sleepy. marijuana, also, is a great trigger and can encourage effects similar to what were experienced on a psychedelic trip.

are these "flashbacks"? well, not really, but that's what people call them. a flashback is usually caused by having been exposed to a traumatic event, such as a war, a car accident, or a bad trip. because the memory of the traumatic experience is so powerfully imbedded (the brain must make certain that one remembers this experience for the future) in the neural circuitry of the brain (the amygdala and hippocampus are crucial in potentiating the formation and recurrence of memories, particularly frightful ones), simple stimuli that reminds the individual of the negative experience can often evoke a sense of "reliving" in which an emotionally-charged memory resurfaces with overwhelming intensity. this recurrence is often temporarily debilitating and causes distress in the individual, distress which often disrupts the victim's regular life and usually interferes with concentration, motivation, and a host of other personal factors.

9. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

This, sobering up, and analyzing what went wrong helped me. Hopefully I'll be back at 100% and able to sleep soon. Too much trippy music and drawing and pot over the course of a few days while working after 2 trips messed me up. The main part is I just feel generally wierd now and I am having trouble sleeping (I stopped using 1.5-2mg xanax a day on friday and got hardly any sleep on saturday, and basically none tonight). Worst of all, I have a few trippy songs in my head that just keep playing. So now its Christmas day, 10am, I've just been through a strange week and it is still ending. I doubt I will EVER eat mushrooms again.

10. Grapefruity

Grapefruity Sunny Side Up

What happened to me after some tripping is a condition, I dont know if thats what they call flashbacks . Anyways its probably hppd. Its like living in 2 realities at the same time . Reliving stuff all day long , its a kind of anxiety I guess, but its often a place to relieve stress too if its fantasy . Gets weird sometimes. Maybe I went a little too far into it could have been alright but sometiems its really hard to cope with stuff.

Theres the residue of visual too but thats not too bad.

From a point of view, its more like im still a bit tripping.

So alot of changes can happen in your mind if you take psychedelics, nor bad or good, its you that make it useful or detrimental.

Im guessing that when you have flashbacks its not like oh it happens once in a while , you have other changed perceptions already there from your trips.

11. Viruk

Viruk Member

Flashbacks are nothing to worry about, I'm more worried about HPPD, flashbacks is just getting your moneys worth.

12. blitz7341

blitz7341 Banned

ya man i get like deja vu tipe flashbacks. also sometimes ill look at somethign on a wall and it will look like it moves or stretches a little. but i cannot attribute this only to shrooms cuz ive done a nice assortment of pshychadelics

13. twally

twally Member

Whats HPPD?

14. ImaMuffin

ImaMuffin Member