Five Killed In Shooting At Capitol Gazette In Maryland

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Aerianne, Jun 28, 2018.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Congratulations.

2. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

The only one teporting that that I have seen is a single left wing source and a left wing member here.

Perhaps he is, but nobody else seems to think so yet.

3. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Whatever his ideological leanings, he seems to have been motivated by something more personal: he was pissed that the newspaper published a story about his stalking of a woman, and subsequent conviction for said offense. The odd thing is he was known to the paper and the police as somebody making repeated rants and thinly veiled threats of violence on the subject for a long period of time.

4. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Oh, I'm sorry... would it make you more comfortable to pretend that he wasn't?

5. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

It's called Google.
    Any time you want to face reality, it's waiting for you.

6. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Yes, this.

I'm only pointing out that he defended Trump and admired another right-wing politician because it was called into question, not because it was his motive.

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The fact that he was a trump supporter suggests he had a few screws loose to begin with

Eric! likes this.
  8. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Yes it is called Google. Hence my response. A single source with a poorly rated reputation is all I found. And you. Share any links you like.

I'll wait.

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It seems many people are thinking it is likely. And who can blame them with the statistics?
    You act like only some crazy lefties are considering it, which is a misleading portrayal.

10. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Not that it matters but James Hodgkinson, the gunman who opened fire at the Congressional Baseball Game For Charity, was a left-wing activist.

I have to wonder about people who care about the political leanings of murders. What difference does it make? Are you just trying to score points against one another? A nutjob is a nutjob.

mcme likes this.
  11. Asmodean

Motive and other details always matters. Often too when certain details appear irrelevant at first. But history taught us political leanings often have an influence.

And no, the more insight you have the more you realize its stupid to simply stop at 'a nutjob is a nutjob'.

fraggle_rock likes this.
  12. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

The argument trying to be made by the left is, it's only them crazy angry white right winger gun toters that use guns to kill people in mass shootings.

13. Asmodean

Or more like it: the argument is there's just a bigger chance of it. Just like people (of all kinds) think first of a middle eastern person or muslim when they hear of another terrorist attack so they think first with a shooting its some right leaning white american male. Very logical

14. Asmodean

Btw: the 'argument' is not just being made by the left.

15. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I have acknowkedged in other threads that it would seem that it's been white males that have participated in mass shootings. I am not aware of the political leanings they have had. But I would even acknowledge that fact if it came to be factual. I have never attempted to ignore what facts tell us. Facts. Not conjecture. And I would be happy to support the extermination of anyone that is committing these acts.

For the last decade or so, I have watched a lot pissed off Democrats. Now I get to add pissed off Republicans to the pissed off Democrats.

And again thank goodness for my 2nd Amendment rights.

I don't really care who a nutjob votes for. I just care they stay away from me.

16. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I don't think "the left" or "the right" are capable of making an argument.

17. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Just a reminder--- this isn't about one side having more shooters than the other, it's about the fact that NotMyRealName was making a ridiculous 'generic leftist argument' straw man and I simply pointed out that the shooter was a right-winger.

Asmodean likes this.
  18. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

No.

History of gun-control legislation

Asmodean likes this.
  19. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Umm who started the notion of him being a right wing shooter? You sound confused.

20. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

I was responding to your strawman.
    I mean, if he actually WAS right wing, then is it a conspiracy against you to say that he was?