Fitness Bump

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by *MAMA*, Dec 13, 2013.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'm playing catch up at the gym and it's working to some degree. Although my weight is frozen in time at approx. 182 lbs. (I weighed 179 before Christmas after I had been sick with histamine food poisoning for a week and then sick again with nausea and vomiting for unknown reason; though I suspect sugary sweet potato casserole) I have been able to stave off most of what could have happened with all the cheating on my diet I did for Christmas. I guess I kept it reasonable for the most part not eating as much chocolate, or not taking seconds of something. I went way overboard on ice cream though. I recall two occasions where I doubled up on pints just to make it special! I actually weighed in close to 190, but most of that didn't stick. I still netted a 3 lbs. gain, but I think I can lose it all if I try really hard to kick the habit of eating out so much.

And I started off almost a year ago (in April 2018) at 206; so that's 24 points for me! :)

2. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I've been going hard at spin classes since boxing day. With the exception of booze bloat (it takes at least 2 weeks to completely disappear, in my experience), I feel great.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i like the dumbbell idea, i might need to try this. i like the exercise normally, but it's just a little too easy. i prefer the machine where you rest on your elbows and do this motion over the hanging version though; you end up swinging all over the place hanging like this.

also, is that a person in this picture? the face kind of reminds me of those sex robots.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah same. Okay whats better is being sore the day after and then smoking weed, and then doing more workout because for me, I know it's painful but the weed just dulls it to a burn which hurts to the point it feels good.

I usually do 500 crunches in a session and I remember one night I was baked as and I was up to my 5th set and I said well I may as well go until I get tired... I pumped out 250 crunches in one go which is half of my daily routine and it was when I was at my weakest and it was because I just focussed on that pleasantly painful numbing burn in my abs.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it may feel good, but you should really give those muscles some recovery time or it's counterproductive. do some squats or something when your abs are sore.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Probably.. But then sometimes as a girl you need results in 48hrs and a rest day ain't gone cut it hehe.

Ashalicious likes this.
  7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that's what wearing a garbage bag and running in a hot room is for.

Mike518705 likes this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've always wanted to do that hey lol, well just wlak around the block maybe in a garbage bag but I tend to have hot baths for the same effect and you does actually sweat underwater.

So like right now, I could be in a garbage bag walking the streets.. Or I could be in a hot bath posting this reply. :p I'm in the hot bath. :D

Ashalicious likes this.
  9. Ashalicious

I find hitting the gym HARD first thing in the morning on very little breakfast (maybe half an apple) gets me great, immediate results. And for a flat tummy, staying away from alcohol is key.

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  10. Ashalicious

Does that actually help? I'm literally about to have a hot bath

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well, to be it makes sense. A garbage bag is used to make you sweat, it's not like the bag aid weight loss, it helps you sweat which aids weight loss so wouldn't a hot bath do the same thing?

I also like to dip in snow melt because it's so cold I believe you burn energy and weight from your body trying to consistently heat itself up. Makes sense to me. Others have laughed at me.

12. Ashalicious

I think I sweat way more going hard in the gym than I do in the bath, TBH.

13. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I saw this and thought mama was back :cry:

14. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

To me, a controlled diet along with a high metabolism are key to weight

15. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Today, I only got in half of my workout before forfeiting due to cramps. I could have kept at it, but I hate doing my workout when I'm in some sort of discomfort. Like if I have even a slight headache (which happens in the afternoon sometimes) I either don't go or if I do I get there and start and then stop right away because the jostling irritates me.

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it depends, sometimes a workout will completely get rid of whatever discomfort you have. i've noticed it's great for hangovers, for one. also, sometimes i'll have a stiff neck for days, and then one workout and it's gone.

but yeah, a headache is not one of those things. workouts definitely make those worse.

soulcompromise likes this.
  17. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

^ Agree. Going for a run always eases a stiff neck/shoulder faster than anything else, for me.

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Thats true, running is one of the few things that helps my shoulder. I should really do it more often

19. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I discovered this year, kind of by accident, that going for a short run (15 minutes/two miles ish) frequently (every other day) is WAY more important to my mental health than I realised. Not going to let myself slip out of that again.

Meliai and EloiseAtThePlaza like this.
  20. I agree.
    I always found running quite meditative and cleansing.

You just let go.

I feel the same way about swimming.

God, I miss swimming.