Fishing

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Rugor, May 14, 2007.

1. hippy i am

hippy i am poppy seed bagels

What sort of gainful insight do you get from this?! It's horrible.

2. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

nice to see the viewpoints of others are well respected.:toetap::cuss:

3. hippy i am

Haha, that's funny. It may just be a southern "thang". Nashville? I want to go to Memphis! I'm trying to find the folk. "Stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues again". I'm sure you've heard that song. It's by Bob Dylan, lol. Going to Bonnaroo? Manchester isn't that far from you! I went into 2004 and saw The Dead there. That was a life-changing experience. I changed 1,000% percent.

4. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

Yeah ive been to Bonnaroo every year so far..its really awesome..totally cool enviornment, I love it!
    Ive been to Memphis a couple times..I go when 311 comes into Memphis and plays a show at Mud Island..so ill be goin again in July...

you goin to the roo this year?

5. hippy i am

No fucking way.

Mine is "Phishing".
    Or "Deadheading".

6. hippy i am

I'm unable to make it this year. I'm so pissed too. I haven't been since 2004. And there is such a good line-up this year. It's a real odd line-up, but nonetheless, the artists are good. WSP, Regina Spektor, Wolfmother, THE POLICE, Gov't Mule (I see them all the time in Mobile). and I can't remember who else is playing. Did you go to Jazzfest in 2006? I went and saw Bob Dylan on Friday, DMB on Saturday and Bruce Springsteen on Sunday. It was the best weekend. Other than Dead weekend in Bonnaroo 2004.

7. hippy i am

And I agree with you.

8. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

No ive never been to jazzfest but I just checked it out and it looks like its worth going too..
    Im sorta thinkin about expanding my fest knowledge and just going to everyone I can.

9. hippy i am

You should. Ain't no harm in gettin' acquainted, lol.

5 more posts are you're a member!

10. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

Oh seriously!!!??? I didnt know there was a limit here of how many posts it took to be a member I just thought you had to pay!!!! Awesome!! :party:

11. hippy i am

Lol, no, no. Silly girl. No, You have the option of giving a DONATION... and then you become a "HipForums Supporter". But you become a member at 100 posts. And then a senior member (and you can change the name under your username) at 1,000 posts. Pay? No way, ma'am. I think I'll become a HipForums supporter though, one day. I just need to catch up on my bills first. I'm drowning in paperwork. It's not fun.

12. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

why am i suppose to gain insight in the first place?

what i gained was a freezer full of steaks and sausage

13. hippy i am

Well, be considerate of other people.

Some of those images of bloodshed really offends some people.

14. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

all we had was an innocent thread about Fishing.. and then some utlra-liberal vegan comes along and flames us for fishing.. haven't people ever heard about keeping their nose out of shit that doesnt involve them??? it was very rude on their part.. like i said before.. dont push your beliefs onto me..

in what direct way does hunting and fishing effect you? it don't! just as you eating veggies all day don't effect me

15. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

oh give me a fucking break

its life, get used to it

16. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

whatever.. life is suposed to be happy and joyful and full of lollipops and gumdrop fairies :rolleyes:

:beatdeadh

17. hippy i am

Well there's nothing wrong with lollipops & gumdrop fairies :rolleyes:

18. Stella_Drives

Stella_Drives Senior Member

I usetahh teach a fishing course at camp which translates to me sleeping on the dock, occationally waking up to say things like "No, we can't eat the fish. No, even if it's not cooked, we can't eat it. No, I don't recommend piercing your lip with the hook. No, I'm not taking you to the nurse if you do it" Blah blah blah. I love summer camp :)

19. Stella_Drives

Stella_Drives Senior Member

I don't understand how if you eat meat, those pictures disgust you (the hunting ones). I'm sure much worse goes on in meat factories. If your going to eat meat, you need to realize where it comes from, not just blindly eat it like it appeared out of the air. And on that note, I am going to make a hamburger :)

20. hippy i am

Well, I don't REALLY eat meat. I only eat seafood. And sometimes I'll take a bite of someone's steak like twice a month or something.