Fishing

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Rugor, May 14, 2007.

1. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

i'm a veg, so i don't really like fishing (i think it's just plain mean, you get there hopes up "Oh my what a nice piece of food!" and then suck them out of their enivronment to an alien world where they can't breathe, and if they're lucky they'll get thrown back before they suffocate), i do however, like getting pished in a boat.

2. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Eugene do you watch./play any sports? do you realize the balls are covered in leather... animal skin in other words... i'm not attacking you but fishing is a sport.. baseball and football, soccer, basketball also fall under this catagory.. im sure alot more animals are hurt way more producing other sporting goods than me reeling in a fish and unhooking it.. i use barbless hooks to make unhooking a fish faster/easier.. and i try to keep the fish in the water while doing so

just food for thought

3. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

uhh fish can survive a long time out of water, my friends would talk about carp races and the fish would be up there for like 15-30 minutes on land.

4. gratefulvegan

gratefulvegan Member

Fishing is fun for everyone but the fish.

Why don't you guys spend your time biking, rather than fishing...you're not killing something for your own gratification. And don't give me that shit "well maybe if you have a helmet it could be made of animal products. NO. You are knowingly killing an animal on a continual basis for the sole reason of tearing it out of the water for a few giggles amongst your pals. Why not spend your time not robbing the sea of one of its creatures and maybe do something productive/ non-violent. I know that you may not realize the true brutality that goes along with fishing, because you have been controlled to think that there is nothing wrong with dragging a living animal out of its habitat to let it flop around and suffocate while you laugh and cheer. Try to think outside of this arena of thought and realize how base and barbaric this activity truly is. Not really sure at all why you would want to spend a high at nature's expense...but whatever suits you guys, it's not my bud after all.

5. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

lol the code name for smoking between me and my friends is "fishing"

6. young_deadhead

Go ahead and eat your vegies i prefer meat and when i fish i either throw them back unharmed or they get eaten. Thats not barbaric.

7. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

i completly agree with you. the one and only time i caught a fish i felt so bad for it i couldn't do it again.

8. young_deadhead

you realize its natural to eat other living things, so whats there to feel bad about?

9. Alaxsxa

Alaxsxa Member

Jerry Garcia's father died on a fishing trip.

Fishing is taking an animal out of its natural habitat whether you put it back or not it will never be the same again. It is like if aliens captured humans and then brought them back to earth, the humans would never be the same.

10. young_deadhead

wheres your research proving that. Looking at the shows on the discovery channel people rescuing animals and sending them back into the wild do just fine im sure its the same with fish.

and whats jerry's father have to do with this

11. Alaxsxa

Alaxsxa Member

Rescuing animals and hunting animals are separate things. It is like a human going to a doctor b/c he/she broke a foot compared to a human going to a doctor because he/she was hit over the head then dunked in a pool of water. Fish live in a different environment than humans.

You are a fan of the grateful dead so i thought i would mention that, i dont think it needs to be explained...the thread is about fishing and your username is "young_deadhead".

12. young_deadhead

so im guessing you dont eat meat or use any products with animals in them

13. RebelGray

RebelGray Banned

why bitch over fish?

14. young_deadhead

because there is nothing wrong with fishing

15. RebelGray

RebelGray Banned

well i was really talking more to the people whining about hurting the fish. if those fish were big enough, they'd go all jaws and shit on our asses, the don't give a shit about us, we should we give a shit about them?

16. young_deadhead

ah men, brother

17. RebelGray

RebelGray Banned

did you have to wear a helmet on the school bus?

18. passittotheleft

passittotheleft Senior Member

Holy shit I'm getting some good laughs out of this! But anyway, I'm not a huge fan of fishing because whenever I go, I'm just sitting and waiting and have horrible luck with them. As for it being barbaric to fish, holy shit are you stupid. There is nothing wrong with eating fish. If it weren't for fisherman, the lakes and ponds would be completely overcrowded and when you go to the ponds or rivers, there would be dead fish floating down it all the time because they overpopulated. But i guess that's more humane.

19. young_deadhead

That reminds me of a local story about deer a couple years back in my town. Every year or so this park would have a couple of hunters come down to shoot some deer if not the population grew so out of control they would strave to death. Now the hippies had a shit fit when they found out about this, said it was so cruel. Now the park has to administer birth control costing the city 30-60 thousand dollars. Now how fucking stupid is that.

20. passittotheleft

passittotheleft Senior Member

Thats alot more humane then just having some hunters shoot a few deer to put in their freezers that would last a while.