first timer

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by PeaceMaker, Jan 19, 2005.

1. snelio37

snelio37 Member

what the hell is that from? and who is slater? ( someone's sig)

2. Adgreyga

Adgreyga Member

I ALSO NEED HELP ON THIS TOPIC
    my friend also wants me ta smoke with her
    shes 17 n started about 2 years ago n the thing is i dont even think its a bad thing to do but i never want to do anything cuz a peer pressure (but thats what confuses me about it is that shes not pressuring me, she just got me thnking about it now)
    the thing is ALL of my close frineds smoke weed execpt like 2 or 3 that dont or did but stopped n have told me like if you ever want to just do it with me but again dont PRESSURE me..still im really interested in it
    but see my dads a cop n of course my parents talk about 'pot-head kids' tho they kno my friends who do it and TRUST me and let me hang wit them whenever i want n all that
    from what i kno the public service ads dont apply to any of my frineds at all and from the sites health class gives us, it seems to only apply to addicts or arent really true at all im just worried about getting 'slow' and forgetting how to do stuff
    should i try to do it or will it be something i'll regret? i just dont kno i could do it literally in 6 hours if i wanted and i wanna know what im missing???? (its either weed or sex, lately i vote for weed-lol :) )

3. TheLizardKingMike

TheLizardKingMike Members

Bong it up brother

4. TheJolta

TheJolta Member

It really sounds like you're stressing out about this. Marijuana isn't really a drug that can completely alter your personality, character, whatever. It doesn't make you slow. I actually quit freshman year of high school and got a 2.8 gpa then sophomore year i smoked yet again and capped it off with a 3.4 gpa and this year as I continued to smoke I got a 3.2 first semester (I blame my bitch of a Health teacher for that one). It's all about maintaining your focus and priorities in life.

If I had a kid I would probably rather him smoke pot than drink alcohol. Just take your time, and if you feel like it smoke when YOU are ready and fully relaxed about it. If you aren't comfortable with the idea of smoking then don't do it. If you don't want to then don't do it, it's no big deal, and it shouldn't be to anyone else.

There are a lot of positives and negatives to smoking pot. Erowid.org is a good place to read up on it.

5. Spastic_Monkey

Spastic_Monkey Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The public service ads don't apply to anyone, they're all just government bullshit.

6. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

nar, i do know of people who fit those ads. but the ads make out liek the people are bad people, or dont have personalities, and thats what is incorrect. all druggies i know have distinct personalities, though some are shit at school and many are lazy and sit around taking drugs all day and dont get jobs and dont have money ever
    but i dont know any heavy tweakers. one dude got into that but stopped when his nose started bleeding

7. thrawn

thrawn Member

SLATER?!?!?!? Oh man slaters the stoner from Dazed and Confused!! The best 80's movie ever people!!!

"Get some sour cream and onion chips with some dip, some beef jerky, some peanut butter. Get some Haagen-Dasz ice cream bars, a whole lot, make sure its chocolate, gotta have chocolate. Some popcorn, red popcorn, graham crackers, graham crackers with marshmallows, the little marshmallows and little chocolate bars and we can make s'mores. Also, celery, grape jelly, Cap'n Crunch with the little Crunch berries, and pizzas. We need two big pizzas, everything on 'em, with water, whole lotta water, and Funyons."

HALF BAKED! The funniest drug movie of our century.

8. TheJolta

TheJolta Member

Dazed & Confused was released in 93. Not in the 80s.

9. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

vanilla dutch master is the way to go.

although i don't see anything wrong with a phillie except that it's not a dutchie.

10. Adgreyga

Adgreyga Member

thanks a bunch, thats really good to know. imnot even sure if i'll end up doing it, i mean i almost feel as tho i have no right to cuz i dont really have any like family problems or really bad things ta cope with or anything n im scared to get addicted (its in my family)....your right. i'll jus chill n see when n if i ever wanna do it, so far ive avoided it since like eighth grade wit friends who smoke and do blacks n stuff, and none of them have again pressured me jus gave me the option, i guess im lucky to have friends like that...

11. Doran

Doran Member

Most of the time Adgreyga people who smoke wont pressure you to do it. If im around people and im going to smoke, i ask them if they want to and if they say no then thats it. As far as I'm concerned its there loss so I dont worry about it. Also....Weed should not be taken to get rid of your problems. You should use it to relax and chill and have a good time. You dont need problems to smoke!

12. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

Make sure what you get is really pot. Theres sick minded individuals out there that will take advantage of a novice and stick you with a bag of oregano and you wouldn't know any better until you discovered you didnt get high. I've seen this done time and time again, and I can't understand the mentality of these people but hey, to each his own. I've never had this problem myself, but I've known people who have bought fake stuff, and sold fake stuff.

13. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

hooooooly fuck.... im not even going to read the next posts untill after i post this, but five dollars says that theres going to be a fucking EXPLOSION!!!! *rolls random nuke test clip*

14. Jack_Straw2208

so i was wrong... but yeah, anyways,

you'd "have no right" if you DID have problems, if you DID use it to excape. marijuana doesnt work that way... and i dont know if its a local thing, but theres a misconsception around my parts with reefer... actually, alot of misconsceptions... to clear things up you DONT hallucinate (unless you havent eaten for 2 days and smoke a hell of a lot of ganja), you dont get anti social, and munchies are more of wanting to chew and taste than actually being hungry, and there isnt any time dialation like they say there is in some video's ive seen...

also, to your "i dont want to get addicted" statement... there are no physically addictive substances in pot. the only way you get addicted is if you have a shitty life and want to escape (which i dont understand how pot gets you out of the real world, just tints it)...

yeah, even if you do get addicted, the hardest thing is a minor headache... not nearly as bad as caffine, or even worse, nicotine....

and what are "blacks"? (...smoke and do blacks...)

but yeah, ive been avoiding mj since 3'rd grade, and i abstained till 8th... 5 years of beliving the shit that the drug war tried to fill my impressionable mind with...

yeah, pretty much ANYTHING health class tells you about pot is a lie.

15. aztecpiece

aztecpiece Member

16. AbloodmoneyA

AbloodmoneyA Member

Inhaling incense is really harsh(I was curious....shut up :D )

Dazed and Confused is one of the best *90's* movies. Go watch it! It's so great because you could replace the clothing, music, and slang with that of any decade and it would still work!

17. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

Jack you have the right intentions but your not giving it real either.

You wont hellucinate on weed, no, but you will get visual effects, and the amount you get this depends on your brain chemistry. some people, like me, see heaps of things whenever i get stoned in the dark. others just get the perception differences and stuff. though, you wont hellucinate, you may and most likely will see objects and percieve them as being something completely different to what you think, and some might get cartoon qualities and start moving, but theyre not real hellucinations caus you can tell its not real, its just entertaining, or creepy.

just because you, jack, and I, and many people dont get antisocial, there are people who do. you need to try it a few times and see. lots of people actually get antisocial. again, its a reflection of your inner self. It is also something that can be overcome, but that requires an epiphany, though theyre not uncommon when very stoned.

the munchies are based on the eating impulse. if you get full before you smoke, and there is little to no hunger to amplify when you get stoned, most people dont get the munchies. the desire to eat things stems from your inner impulse to eat, which is amplified and extended by weed. you are just rationalising it in your mind as a desire to chew and taste, but try getting a bunch of food and chewing it, then spititng it out. it willnot be very satisfying.

with tiem dilation, it does occur as well, but again is a reflection of your brain chemistry (all effects of weed are, and differnet people are susceptable to different areas of their brain being amplified, as well as differnet people normally using diferent parts of their brain in real life. its not normally noticeable, the difference, until you get stoned). ive experienced it. many people have. not everyone has. you need to be pretty fuckin stoned too lol. theres also the effect of time taking AGES to go by (which is almost always a good thing) and otehr tiems when time goes by like that *clicks* (which usually sucks ass)

addiction has nothing to do with how shitty your life is. it has to do with how much you love weed. i have a good life, now with weed its even better. im addicted. your talking about the -trend- not the -rule-. people with shitty lives will get addicted to pot, but people who are addicted to pot dont necessarily have shitty lives. some people jsut want to enhance their lives, for the sake of it. (i could so something sober.. or i could do it stoned... hmmm)

the affects of addiction are not a headache, though that sometimes does occur, they are insomnia, irritability, boredom, etc.

thank you

18. Adgreyga

Adgreyga Member

wow, hey thank you. that really clears up alot of stuff (i shoulda known w.e the govt. says is complete bullshit - they dont get taxes 4m weed so they're tryin ta stop it anyway, same as prostitution hey)
    but anyway, yea since ive been working at starbucks i drink espesso and if coffee is more of a headache than weed, then i shoulda done weed a long time ago! - i owe myself some weed !!!!! (lol)
    and since i DEFINATLY dont plan on doing it alot or trying to 'escape' off of it much, i guess theres no harm - i just really wanted to be sure, ya kno. kno what im in 4.
    oh yea, and i mean blacks as in "black and milds" a type of i guess cigar mixed wit cigarrettes (i found out a/b these in the 8th grade)
    you probally kno what they are, but you make me feel smart by just asking :)

19. Adgreyga

Adgreyga Member

thank you. you post was also really helpful - im still trying to deside if it was more deep than shocking -i'll get back.
    but could you give me an example of the whole time thing, im not sure i quite get it...

20. Jack_Straw2208

oh, and one more thing. no one can ever explain being high to some one who's never been high. ever.

your way of thinking totally rewires itsself (but only when you're high)

and to stonerbill, the thing about hallucinations and visuals- yeah, minor CEV's are normal, and the feeling like everything is kinda cartoony (or in my case, a videogame, but thats another story) is too... but im talking about full blown datura-y hallucinations... the shit they skullfuck (like with cocaine on teh pen4r... but instead of cocaine, anti drug propaganda) into our minds during health class... i had thougt that MJ was right up there with coke and heroin... when in all actuality it was some pretty mild stuff (negative effects wise... the last time i toked up, i'd been blown away by how i'd been underestimating reefer...)...

somecrazyness... and yeah, listen to stoner bill, hes like, a billiondy times more experianced than me. now excuse me as i go and make some chocolate milk...

FIRST EVER GALLON OF WHOLE MILK EVER!!!