First Time San Pedro Cactus Powder

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by liberateyourmind27, Jun 10, 2012.

1. liberateyourmind27

liberateyourmind27 Member

Hi everyone i'm new here and have just recently got some cactus powder 100 grams and was wonder what a good dose would be for my particular situation. A little background, I've smoked weed for several years and not until recently did i start to have extreme panic attacks (which i know was because i snorted a pill in school designed for schitzophenics called a lilly, and after that did about 5 lines of coke but only that one time) and i've been a little psychologically stressed for about a year now

I want to go to peru to do ayahuasca, so i filled out an application for shimbre shamanic center and will probably hear back from them soon hopefully for full sponsorship. But i can't wait that long i saw on they're recent documentary stepping into the fire, the shaman said that san pedro can heal mental illness, and ayahuasca just puts you in touch with the plant world so you'll find what can heal you in other plants, and i've been eating and drinking extremely healthy for several months and have been seeking natural alternatives for healing my ails for a year or so now and done many fasts all to little effect then i just slide back down in a depressed, confused, psychological state.

I've also been eating raw organic cocoa nibs lately and they've helped extremely well for anxiety and mental stability. I also have read that they have phenylethlymine which is the root molecule of mescaline or maybe precurser or something.

So back to the point what would be a good starting dose and do you think it's a good idea to undergo a pedro trip? I hear it's the gentlest psychedelic and it's hard to have a bad trip even if you try. I know i have only the best intentions and am not doing it just to get "messed" up. Thank you. :2thumbsup:

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think having a San Pedro journey is a good idea and it is good medicine. San Pedro can certainly help you make great headway on your panic attack issue. 50 grams is probably a good dose, lower dose levels can likely be therapeutic as well but I think 50 grams will ensure a good psychedelic trip which much can be learned from as well as the medicinal benefits.

San Pedro is extrodinarily gentle among psychedelics however I disagree about the 'its hard to have a bad trip even if you try aspect.' I suggest that you take into account mindset + setting as you would any other psychedelic prior to your journey because San Pedro can be a great teacher and sometimes its lessons can be difficult, also the mescaline + psychoactive alkaloid content can vary dramatically between different cacti. San Pedro excels in a nice nature setting in my experience.

3. liberateyourmind27

liberateyourmind27 Member

guerillabedlam- Thank you for your advice i think i'll go with 40 grams just to be safe and then go with 60 if 40 isn't quite enough. I'll put up a trip report in a few days.

4. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

100 - 120 grams per trip. That's what I used to do everytime and it was always amazing. 50 grams is way too small.

5. cuscowahca

cuscowahca Guest

San Pedro powder is 35grams 2.5 tablespoons = 1 dose

6. Jhana1

Jhana1 Members

How about 8 table spoons?