First time coming out

Discussion in 'Transexual and Transgender' started by EricaMG, Feb 18, 2022.

1. EricaMG

EricaMG Members

I still remember the first time I came out as transgender,was 19 at the the time in December of 1998.The feelings being curious of being a woman from the inside started during my during my junior year of high school.My parents seen something was not right with me at times.I grew living as male crossdressing at times without them knowing.My own twin brother noticed at times I wasn't being myself.I realized it was time for me to finally come out and did.On December 1st,1998,I came out as transgender and wanted to become a woman.Parents saw it was tough for me to come and told me I have support from them.My twin brother,said he is ready for a much happier sister come out.Diagnosed with gender dysphoria,decided to transition and this started in January of 1999.Went on the estrogen and male hormone blockers,my family knew I was going to become a much happier woman,sister and daughter.My great friends were even there for support.I did lose a couple friends over it.My transition went good,family let me make the decisions.Had the trachea shave and breast augmentation at age 21.It felt good the unhappy me went good bye for good.In 2002,decided not to have the GRS due to it was going to be a huge regret to me if I had it done.Now happy,I have a great life to this day

2. KathyL

KathyL Super Moderator Super Moderator

Hi, Erica. Welcome!

You must have been a bit of a pioneer, transitioning back in the late 90s. I am glad that you feel happier as your true self, and that your family recognize that happiness and support you.

My story is similar, except it took me longer to figure it out and start doing something about it. I started my transition at age 62.

3. EricaMG

EricaMG Members

I also had anxiety issues as well,therapist suspected I had a gender ID problem..Was 16 at the time this happened

4. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I am a married female.
    I am not trans, but I absolutely support all on HIP.
    Kathy knows this of me.
    Support and feeling safe on HIP is one of my priorities.
    Candy x

jmadre and KathyL like this.
  5. EricaMG

EricaMG Members

My feelings before I came out,thought I would let my family down and learned I did not.They sensed that and told me I did not let them down.One song taught me this,

Candy Gal and KathyL like this.