First Steps

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by NereidChimera, Sep 1, 2018.

1. NereidChimera

NereidChimera Members

I'm 26 years old, I've never owned land or a home, and have only rented. A goal of mine is to create a community of likeminded people, focused on self sustainability, and while I am knowledgeable about a few necessary things (and learning new techniques and tricks all the time) I have no clue how to venture towards this goal. I've decided to join a few different websites and look through the forums and to reach out and find those who might know more, or at least would be interested in actually pursuing this idea (instead of talking about it hypothetically) and assisting me in finding others. Where else should I look, and is anyone here knowledgeable?

2. AlchemistGeorge

AlchemistGeorge Living Communally since 1995

3. jondalar7

jondalar7 Creating harmony on the planet

Getting back to a simpler life of sustainability is a lot of work. Physical work, hard work and lots of it. If you find joy in the tasks it can be wonderful. I have planted gardens with enough to feed us all and much goes to waste or I give away because few will walk out the back door to pick something for their salad. It sounds nice but to participate you must love what you do and it is work.

tuatara likes this.
  4. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Rent a summer camping/gardening area . Ten acres could accommodate a seed community . The land might currently be
    cow pasture . So become a cow . Moo is woo .

Driftrue likes this.
  5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

"Moo is woo" is one of my favourite things I've read today.