First shot.

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Thekarthika, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

I take TONS of pics of myself and others, so I thought I'd try of nature... I think it's pretty nifty. Kind of cliche, I know. But what's your opinion??

[​IMG]

2. laurenq

laurenq Member

blury

3. ava

ava Member

oftem with low light, it is best to use a tripod and i am not certain if you uses zoom or not, if you did it was too much. the other thing is use a flash if you have handshake either use remote and or timer the other trick is to press trigger half way, take a breath in, press, breathe out. this really helps handshake

the ideas of the photos are intering and not as cliche as you think:)

4. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

I've heard of a tripod but I'm not sure if my camera has it... I have a simple camera, so probably not, but I'm really new so idk. lol. I didn't use zoom at all... maybe I was a little too close to the object?

okay thanks for the tip on the handshake :) should help a lot.

<33

5. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i took some great night shots and didnt use a tripod, used a drum instead and timer..
    sat the camera on the drum (or wall or any stationary object) set timer and step away, so u dont shake at all, , using existing low light the exposure time can be pretty long, and i know no matyter how hard id try theres no way to hold perfectlky still for 30 seconds or 2 minutes..

using this methud was able to get shots like this
    [​IMG]

i have no real photography skills at all...
    but..just eliminating hand shake makes such a huge huge difference

i wont even show ya the results of tryin the same shots without the makeshift tripod

6. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

Yes I do that often... Use something to put it onto to, but what about angles? and times I'm outside?

7. ava

ava Member

^great info and pics you don't need expensive stuff for photography although momopods are cheap and are fab
    http://www.megapix.co.uk/acatalog/Smalltripods.html
    my father is a photographer and told me about the breath thing as a have a really bad handshake. the other point about tripods, is they are good with macro work because of even less movement. Another cheaper alternative is using black tubing
    i would love to see more shots, i liked the pink hues in the first shot:)

8. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

wow soaring that shot is really nice i like the colors in it :)

9. fylthevoyd

fylthevoyd Super Moderator

yeah kart...work on steadying your camera....don't worry about whether a shot is cliche or not....it's all about composition and technique.....being an old school photographer I have thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment....but some of my best shots have come from "off the cuff" snapshots with a cheapy digital camera.....it's all about developing your eye to see what the camera sees...it's not necessarily the subject...but the style in which you present the subject

an example of what I mean
    http://www.hipgallery.com/photopost2/showphoto.php/photo/95148/cat/1451
    just don't get discouraged and keep working on bettering your technique in developing your individual style of photography :)