First ever psychedelic experience on Peruvian Torch?

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by unkn0wn75, Mar 5, 2012.

1. unkn0wn75

unkn0wn75 Guest

Just read your trip report and I'd like to say that I'm not expecting a "stoned" trippy mind fuck. I really like the idea of mescaline being clear headed. :)

I sort of did that but instead I froze the mix. Definitely not trying this again. Eating a banana after taking in the cactus was one of the best things I did that day. After vomiting I had an after taste of the banana which was definitely more pleasant than the aftertaste of the cacti.

2. Perilless

Perilless Member

That seems like a legit technique, if a little more complicated than what I do. I never powder the dried chips, as this makes straining of the mixture a lot more problematic.

I simply stick the chips in a pan with water and a little vinegar, boil for an hour or 2, strain out the chips and add fresh water to them. Repeat twice, then collect all the boilings and boil them down to a managable amount. Then the chips are discarded and the required dose is consumed. I usually mix it with a fruit smoothie of some sort to mask the taste.
    I've had intense and amazing trips from that...

I would warn AGAINST using aluminium pans for this (and for cooking in general, actually! :p) as it does interact.

Glad your previous experience hasnt put you off trying again :)

3. unkn0wn75

unkn0wn75 Guest

In that case I will stay away from powdering them this time. My previous experience has probably made me even more eager to try once again as soon as possible. In regards to vinegar, what do you use that for? How does it help?

4. Perilless

Perilless Member

The vinegar isnt totally necessary, but I think it helps to extract the goodies from the cactus material. Other people use lemon juice, its the acidity that is needed.

I tend to stick with vinegar as I read somewhere it boils away completely BEFORE the water, so there is no vinegary taste left in the end product. That does seem to be the case, as I've never tasted vinegar at the end.

On a side note, I also use vinegar when brewing ayahuasca...and its a vaguely similar process.

5. unkn0wn75

unkn0wn75 Guest

What do you think of using a pressure cooker instead? Would it work?

6. Perilless

Perilless Member

I dont see why not...give it a try and report back :)

7. thismoment

thismoment Member

Well, live and learn UK. Lot of good knowledge in this thread! Welcome.

8. unkn0wn75

unkn0wn75 Guest

Sorry for the late reply but I've been quite busy with life and all. I've not taken a second attempt yet as I'm still quite busy but will definitely report back. I'm looking forward to give it another go within the next month or so. :)

9. Perilless

Perilless Member

Cool man, Good luck for next time. Looking forward to hearing how it goes :)

10. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

Both times I have tried cactus I have just eaten the powdered plant material and I was fine.

The first time I ate it with a spoon and it was terrible.

The second time I mixed it with just enough water to make a paste (the bread) and swallowed down little clumps of cactus. I had about 35-40g of cactus and didn't experience any nausea.

I think that making the bread is a pretty good way of consuming cactus, but then again I have to try a tea before I can really judge what the best method is. :D

11. unkn0wn75

unkn0wn75 Guest

I think this could probably work for me as well. But due to my previous experience I'd rather not risk/waste it this time and go with the tea instead. The reason behind the failure with the method I tried was probably due to the amount of liquid consumed.