First days of dreads, help, they are falling out.

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Mamarock, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Flakeofsnow

Flakeofsnow Member

Right? I have come to terms with the loose hairs as I know it will dread itself all in due time and I will have little baby dreads. :)

2. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

i have loads of baby dreads that have formed from the loose hair. i also sometimes braid it, because it looks pretty. sometimes i backcomb it and stuff it into a dread but it doesnt always stay. it adds character! i really dont like perfectly need, stray hair-less dreads

3. Flakeofsnow

Flakeofsnow Member

They don't seem natural to me. I mean back in the olden days they didn't perfectly comb their hair to get the "perfect" dreads. Some people just try to strive for perfection in everything even with dreads. It's something the media all brainwashed us to try and strive for.

4. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

Duude, the OP needs to chill. Like smoke a bowl or something.

5. addictedt0chaos

addictedt0chaos Lunar Dreadlocks

I've never had luck with bronners, whoever said it leaves a weird build up is right. I've had clients use it before too (even diluted properly with baking soda) and the hair always seems to be somewhat greasy. I know everyone on this site is pretty much "leave it alone, deep cleanse etc" but I would give you different advice. I use Knotty Boy's bar of soap, and have for years. I've tried many things but I've never had any issues with it, nor have any clients I've recommended it too. That should take care of any oily/greasiness. Also, I find T&R doesn't make roots tight enough to get started. If I were you, I would slightly backcomb your roots (and lightly crochet some hairs in) just to make a tight base, and then from there T&R the rest if that is the style of dreadlocks you want. Crochet hooks aren't as evil as everyone thinks as long as you do it in moderation and don't break hairs when using them.