First Date Dialogue.

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Mia Smith, May 29, 2018.

?

Would you marry someone you've never been on a proper date with?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Mia Smith

Mia Smith Members

Lets say you already know the basic information about your date and have been talking for a while but this is your first real sit down date, What would you talk about?

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

politics

gotta find out if theyre a moron or not first

Exquisite, storch and Mia Smith like this.
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Fucked if I'd know... some everyday shit I suppose. I'm always sucky at conversation. I avoid it honestly. Perhaps this leads to why I don't date. Good question, Mia!

4. Mia Smith

Mia Smith Members

Lol I know that feeling I guess that's why I'm asking.

soulcompromise likes this.
  5. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Your guess is as good as mine, brother. This question has pretty much stopped me from going on any dates for a while (where I am not friends with the person first).

6. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I had worked with Jane for about 2 years before we went out on what should have been a more normal date.
    However just as we were on our way, I got a call from a friend who was having problems at work. We took a 60 mile detour to the restaurant and ended up spending 10 hours in the control room of a nuclear power station. Needless to say, I spent the whole time explaining to Jane how to bring a 60 megawatt alternator on line frequency locked to the national electricity grid. Fortunately no sparks flew that night, but she still married me a few months later and will have put up with me for 39 years in a few weeks time.
    Perhaps I will take her back to the power station for our 40th anniversary and show her how the nuclear reactors work. :yum::yum::yum:

7. storch

storch banned

Assuming we're at a restaurant, I'd start out by asking her what her favorite TV show is. Then I might ask her what her favorite song of all time is. And after a few minutes, I would move on to other stuff, like asking: If you could be any piece of furniture in a house, what would you be? Then I'd move on to the really defining question. I'd ask her: Would you rather be the TV or the remote?

If her favorite TV show and song sucks, it might still work out; depends on how much they suck. And if she chose to be a piece of furniture other than a bed, that would suck too, but as long as she didn't choose to be a kitchen chair, it might still work out. But if she says she would rather be the remote than the TV, then that would be the defining answer for me. And I would probably leave out the back door to keep her from getting too attached to me. I don't want her to suffer any more than she has to.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

why is the post question completely different from the poll question? which one do you actually want answered?

for the post: i don't really have a script. you just start talking about anything and see where it goes.

for the poll: i suppose it's possible, but not very realistic. even if a relationship formed outside of a traditional dating situation, i would think by the time i'm ready to marry someone we would have had a date night at some point.

so if they agree to talk about politics you know they're a moron and will end it there?

i think he was specifically asking about what you talk about if you are already friends first. which is confusing, because 99% of women i've encountered would never consider going on a date with someone they're already friends with. if nothing else, that's why i so rarely date; i really have no romantic interest in any women that i'm not already friends with, and women really have no romantic interest in any guys that they are already friends with. as a general rule of course.

Total Darkness likes this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I hate small talk

Dinner dates arent the worst though, when all else fails you can talk about food. Food is good, food is sensual

I might be a boring date, dont take my advice

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I voted no, because it's stupid.

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

talk about your penis

storch and Total Darkness like this.
  12. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Yep. The op question didn't make much sense. There are some people i instantly click with and we can chat for a while and with others i don't click well with (communication wise). I don't mind either way. I can enjoy a nice chit chat or a quiet evening with someone.

As for the marriage question. I will absolutely NOT marry anyone.

13. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I can see that, and there are certainly guy friends who I wouldn’t date (which is why they are friends, I guess). Maybe I should have said: someone who I know in some capacity rather than a blind date or a tinder date or something.

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Marriage is gay.

Well, the ideal situation is that I don’t decide all the talking points.
    I for one don't mind small talk by definition, but it is much easier and fun when its not primarily on me. How do I get to know my date best? When I have to ask everything/decide all the topics, or when she chitchats automatically about her preferences, thoughts and doings herself? I rest my case :p

That being said, i also rarely date. And am hesitant to try tinder or a dating site. Not because i think there aren't cool people on there, but yes mainly because i don't like to put myself in this situation with a stranger and risk an akward or unpleasant evening. But yeah, I'm not that big on going out for dinner. Let alone with a blind date. It's pretty bearable with friends or a gf though! :) But i never decide the place :p Go with the flow. That's how i prefer the convo and topics to go too. Best situation! Unless of course nothing flows... Which btw i would generally conclude is on both people. Not just blame my blind date.

15. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

The important stuff...

Favorite pizza toppings
    Shortboarding or long boarding
    What's your favorite basketball team
    Why is Olympia WA important to music history
    What is the significance of the term "spongeworthy?"
    etc.

Not even joking. If I can shoot the breeze with someone on these topics, conversation will come fairly easily.

16. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

Our first date was when we were 15, so I'm sure our first conversation was a highly intelligent discussion of a complex issue. I don't remember anything we said, but she looked great in a plaid skirt, white shirt, and penny loafers.

17. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I would talk about everyday stuff, and I would talk about everything else. Then I would have a better idea in terms of whether or not the person is compatible with me, to an extent.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

19. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

When a Juggalo give out a whoop whoop, you give dat motherfucker a whoop whoop.

She didn't get it. She didn't give a whoop whoop. NEXT! He says. He Dun need that negativity in his life.