first concert?

Discussion in 'Music' started by luna99, May 19, 2004.

1. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Jimmy Buffett and The Coral Reefer Band in '00

2. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

Haha - this is embarassing...

Foreigner.

And they fucking rocked, dude!

Jukebox hero, he's got fire in his eyes *giant jukebox explodes on stage*

3. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

My first concert was The Police in 1983, at the Atlantic City Convention Hall. It was thier "Synchronicity" tour, I was 11. Then I saw Ozzy a few weeks later at the same place on his "Bark At The Moon" tour. I grew up near A.C and I had family that worked for the stage and sound union, so I always got good seats.

4. mokie48116@yahoo.com

mokie48116@yahoo.com Member

My first live shows were in the late '60's in my hometown in mid-Michigan. The summer of '68 I got to see Terry Knight and the Pack (soon to be reformed into Grand Funk Railroad, from "96 Tears" fame ? and the Mysterians, that song went on to be the #1 hit of the year. On another weekend the MC5 played, and after the show, they came over to my house, we got fairly buzzed that night with the infamous John Sinclair, leader of the White Panther party.

All in all that was a sweet summer!

5. Maizerage

Maizerage Member

My first concert was the Neil Young and Crazy Horse Greendale tour. It was a pretty god show. The Greendale part wasn't that amazing but the end when he played "Like a Hurricane," "Rockin in the Free World," and "My, My, Hey, Hey" was excellent.

6. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

Hell yeah! Neil F-ing Rocks!!!

7. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

I got stoned with Arlo Guthrie at the Philly Folk Fest 2 years ago. Real nice cat.....He liked my smoke too..hehehehehe!!! It's nice because it was own homegrown buds.

8. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Well, unfortunately, my first concert was a New Kids On The Block performance when I was maybe 3 or 4. My sister loved them, so I was forced to go. I barely remember it now, but it was my first concert. Then I went to a bunch of other concerts with my parents over the years that I hated, then I got to go to what I consider to be my first concert due to the fact that I actually wanted to go. About three years ago I got to see The Guess Who and Joe Cocker in concert. I'm not a big fan of either, but it was fun and interesting anyway. Then I got to see Paul McCartney live which was really great. I had always thought that I'd never get to see a Beatle perform live, and then, the next thing I knew, I was going to see Paul in concert. Then I got special, executive, reserved seats in this really nice room with our own bar, buffet of food, and waitresses to see The Rolling Stones. That was really amazing. Then I got to see Paul McCartney again (and nearly a third time :p ) and he was just as good as before. I haven't gotten to see a concert since then.

9. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

10. ruby tuesday

ruby tuesday Member

hell ya, that show was amazing and it turned me on to the polyphonic spree (i had never heard of them) i love david bowie ever so much

11. ruby tuesday

ruby tuesday Member

oh i forgot to say what my first concert was: april wine, kim mitchel, & david wilcox a few years ago...pretty good first concert although i'd have to say that my favorite concert experiences would definatly be seeing the rolling stones and david bowie...both were mind blowing

12. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

no he has a huge tour every year...he sells lots of cds too
    u should feel lucky to see him in concert...isnt he amazing

13. happy

happy Member

mandy moore - va state fair but my first ROCK concert was THE ROLLING STONES baby!!!!! i LOVE them! we saw them when they came to dc at fedex field :cool:

14. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

The first famous band I saw live was No Doubt, in 1997.