first concert?

Discussion in 'Music' started by luna99, May 19, 2004.

1. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

i saw rush in 1996. i think that was my first concert. (my boyfriend/now husband loves rush).

my first cool concert: red hot chili peppers in 2000

coolest ever: aerosmith, by far.

2. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

Oh, that reminds me! Worst show ever - Areosmith. Toys in the Attic tour, Dallas, 45 minutes total on stage!

3. logicalway

logicalway Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

U2 Unforgettable Fire tour. 1984ish. 20 years ago now! Eeeek!

4. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

i saw em i guess two years ago at the harley open road tour. our seats were awful, the venue was wierd, but the concert kicked total ass. maybe they sobered up a bit, huh?

5. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Ozzfest. Swear to god

6. Llama

Llama Member

When I was around 7 or 8 my mom took me to i think Jonny Limbo and the Lugnuts, something like that, I dont realy remember it.

Summer after 8th grade I saw Foreigner (SP?) at the Clark County Fair

Last year ( I think it was last year, maybe 2 years ago)
    I saw Paul McCartney, I wish that was my first concert.

7. rain_in_summer

rain_in_summer Member

Both my parents are musicians, so I was taken to classical concerts from early age on, simply because my parents had to go there because of their job and couldn't leave me alone as a little child.
    My first pop/rock concert was with Die Prinzen, a German band I still like, in 2002 I think...

And the first "bigger" thing was Paul McCartney in Collogne (sp.?) last year in April. Man, it was soooo cool. And I'm going to see him again in about two weeks in Leipzig. Yay! [​IMG]

8. Silent Jay & The

Silent Jay & The Member

ok, actually it were not the 3 mentioned before. It was a classical concert too.

And I love classical music!

9. A Clockwork Orange*

A Clockwork Orange* Member

I saw the Spice girls when I was at school. It wasn't my first concert, but I think it deserves a mention..

10. Miss_Tambourine_Girl

Miss_Tambourine_Girl Member

hhèhèhèè!!
    Just try to guess who i went to see for my 1st concert???

yeah of course.. has been Dylan .. in 2001.

11. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

Italy! Ah, what a BEAUTIFUL place. Spent a summer in Florence when I was 15. Cried when I had to leave, I liked it soo much. Where do you live?

12. Megara

Megara Banned

metallica/guns n roses

13. mmmnuggets

mmmnuggets Member

KISS summer of 1976 i have no recollection of this though but i was there i was 3yrs old

14. MrDefiant

MrDefiant Member

I went to a festival called Edge Fest 6 or 7 years ago

first time I ever did any drugs....:rolleyes:

15. Cornball1

Cornball1 Member

My first concert was the allman brothers. I ended up paying $5 for reserved seating and it was great. It was the most laid back show I have ever been to. I personally enjoyed it more then any of the phish shows I have been to. Now thats saying something.

16. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

My first concert was in 1985 or 86 at the Santa Clara County Fair, does that count? LOL I saw Steppenwolf, they sucked... LOL In the same week, we also saw Charlie Daniels, that was a good show and The Gatlin Bros, they were good, too. I actually got an autograph from Larry Gatlin, but that hat is long gone, now. LOL

My first big concert, at the Cow Palace, AC/DC. During their Thunderstruck tour. Very cool... :) But I was in my first trimester of pregnancy with my youngest. All the smoke got to me, I was sooo sick. We had to leave early. I was really bummed.

The last concert I went to was at the Shoreline Amphitheatre, The Allman Bros Band, back in... Mmmmmm... 1993, I think?

I wanted to go see Fleetwood Mac, when they came through back in 1997, but the tickets were outrageous! $150 for lawn seats! No way! LOL

17. user__friendly

user__friendly Member

My first concert ever was Bob Dylan, 2 years ago...

Amazing.

18. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

When I was around eight my mom took me to the Indigo Girls in Jesus Christ Superstar (one of my favorite shows). I think that same year we saw sting. Of course my first voluntary concert that I went to without parents was Pearl Jam... then Metallica. Ah, the good times make me long for summer nights at the pier!

19. Moonlightstars

Moonlightstars Member

hmmmmm my first live gig was Iron maiden... hehehee.... but i must say... i Lacuna Coil and Incubus are the best live gigs i've been too... fantastic!

20. sprout

sprout DeadHead

My first concert was Pink Floyd in 94' at Bobby Dodd stadium at Georgia Tech. It was a fucking miracle and a dream come true as I was 14 and Pink Floyd was my very favorite group at the time and had been for about two years. I knew that Pink Floyd was an old group and the chances of them ever going back on tour were slim but then outta nowhere they released a new album and kicked off a world tour and I was like.....yes! but then they rolled around to ATL for 2 nights and all the tickets were sold out:( but then on the second day when I had settled for the fact that I could'nt go my mom calls and says she knows some friends who had two x-tras if my cousin and I wanna go and she would even work his shift!!!(they worked at the same place) I remember putting the phone down to go ask him and not even being able to speak....um...my mom....uhh pink floyd....me and you....uhh...

Thank you ma!

Seeing Pink Floyd in a haze of pot smoke at 14 is one of the best times in my life.