First British Were Dark Skinned People

Discussion in 'History' started by Motion, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

From the article in your link:

'It is his most probable profile, based on current research.'

That he was dark skinned that is. It's not 100% certain, but its more likely he was black or dark skinned than white.

2. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Regardless of his skin color what we do know with a 100% degree of certainty is that starting 50,000 years ago there were waves of people leaving Africa
    and spreading across Europe .i.e. the First Europeans had dark skin.

This is where it gets interesting:

DNA evidence indicates that even in Africa 50,000 years ago there were variations in skin tone from lighter skinned blacks to very dark skin

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

but none of them, other then an odd individual freek or two, if even that, as recently as two or three thousand years ago, were as light skinned as anyone today.

5. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

It doesn't take that long to change skin color. People with light skin can absorb sunlight better which makes them healthier in northern latitudes. People with darker skin can block more damaging UV rays which make them healthier in southern latitudes. Over the course of just 30 generations human skin color can totally change even though their DNA for the most part hasn't.

Sexwise likes this.
  6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Wait...did anyone not already know this? Pretty much 99% of the people agree that civilization started in the middle east/Africa. So if they are all black why wouldn't everyone else have those genes? Just further proof of evolution.

themnax likes this.
  7. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

Where is that term used (genuine question)? I’m not sure where you’re located so curious where it’s used. I’m also curious if there’s a reason they use it.

My wife is Hispanic. She’s not familiar with the term either. We mostly hear spic (more of an east coast thing), beaner (though most Hispanics aren’t really offended by it), wetback (the only one that my wife finds offensive) and coconut (white on the inside, brown on the outside...a Latino that doesn’t speak Spanish).

8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Checked google. Found this. The Racial Slur Database It's on the list.

SouthPaw likes this.
  9. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

Cool, thanks.

My wife’s maiden name is on the list as a racial slur. Damn.....she can’t even say her own name without being racist LOL.

Searching that site I do have to call them out on one of their entries. Not a Hispanic one though, an Iraqi one. It claims “crunchie” is a racial slur against Iraqis created by Marine tankers during the second Iraq war. That couldn’t be further from the truth.

I was in the Army during the 80’s and 90’s. I was both mechanized and Airborne. Tankers call EVERYBODY who isn’t a tanker a crunchie. They even call other mechanized units, like Cav Scouts and mechanized Infantry, crunchies because we all dismounted at some point. They never did, so we were the ones whose bodies got crunched. In return, we called them DATs (Dumb Ass Tankers).

I wasn’t a tanker but did serve on Sheridan tanks (an Airborne tank, no longer in service). When we were mounted we called the guys on the ground crunchies too. But we also dismounted, instantly becoming crunchies ourselves.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  10. Wally Pitcher

Wally Pitcher Members

As I recall the story Cheddar man was found in a cave at Cheddar England. He was Neolithic (New Stone Age) and wore skins rather than Scarlet Tunics or Kilts. They took DNA Samples of local children who shared almost no DNA with the mummy. One teacher from the local school was also tested also and she was almost genetically identical to cheddar man. She was almost as white as Queen Elizabeth.

Candy Gal likes this.
  11. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

12. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

true I remember that.

13. wyldwynd

The color of skin is not relevant ...though dark matter/energy will always be more significant to any learning mind or scientist

Candy Gal likes this.
  14. Candy Gal

Very true. We have no prejudice on HIP anymore.
    Yes, that dark matter.

wyldwynd likes this.
  15. wyldwynd

Internationally I have never felt a prejudice on hip forums one of the very reasons I love this forums so much the variety of culture and ethic all celebrating in discussions together.

also I extended my thought with dark matter/energy which makes a larger percentage

Candy Gal likes this.
  16. Candy Gal

Oh there was prejudice whilst you were taking a break. All good now.
    We are all a HIP family.

wyldwynd likes this.
  17. wyldwynd

Yes as I am sure ...as I have had many haters... i never take offense of others prejudice or ignorance... I just figured someday they learn the way of life ...somehow lol

18. Wally Pitcher

Wally Pitcher Members

I am sure that students of race relations, are familiar with the 19 Century charts depicting skin colors a criteria for sorting out the ethnic races and their participation in society. all of these criteria predate DNA, RNA etc. Individual's who have survived 50 or more generations may select for Melanin based on their exposure to sunlight, and their ability to compete in a hot or cold environment. The may also decide to move to a more favorable climate, or wear clothing that provides a higher level of comfort. As far as using skin color to predict, agility, intelligence etc. it seems that all racial groups should be able to compete on equal levels, as long as they inherit average or better genetic traits. The factors of African's ancestry based on a history of having to out run Lions, Elephants or Rhinos, compared to their white brothers having to outrun charging squirrels, makes athletic ability an environmentally influenced ability.

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there aren't really enough differences in human genotypes to be all that interesting.

not like the real differences in colors of fur and scales and feathers in other species.
    humans have existed more then 26,000 years, melanomicly challenged ("white") humans have existed for less then 3,000 years, possibly less then 2,000
    not only were early brits not white, but neither were early anyone else,
    not even the ancestors of today's nuts who have the mental illness of white racial narcissism.

never could make sense of why this should even be a thing.

yes more technological progress has been made in the last couple of centuries, but i really seriously doubt this has any direct relation to human genetics.
    elsewhere in the universe, there may be worlds on which more rapid technological advancement has been made by green furred felines.