First British Were Dark Skinned People

Discussion in 'History' started by Motion, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Motion

Motion Senior Member

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It's not solid proof for the theory there were no white people in Europe 10,000 years ago. It's also already the consensus that our earliest european ancestors came from somewhere else. They were most likely not as white as most north european people either. Their dna is passed on. So, what does Cheddar man change in all that?

Sig likes this.
  3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

DNA doesn’t lie. The two genes which are responsible for lighter skin color doesn’t appear in frequency in europe until around 8,000 years ago, earlier in Scandinavia.

Prior to that most europeans were black, with curly hair, and had blue eyes (or at least possessed the gene for blue eyes)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  4. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

I saw that in an interview, actually, from about AD853. The interviewer asked "How would you describe yourself", and the spear chucker being interviewed said "we are a dark people". which I thought was very apt.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

and this somehow puts food on millions of hungry tables how?

TheGhost likes this.
  6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

^Some people just find this stuff interesting. Knowledge for knowledge's sake

tumbling.dice likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Migrated up from India.

Reference: The Edda.

8. hotwater

It doesn’t put food on anyone’s table but you have to admit it is interesting.

If you went back in time to around 10,000 BC in Central Europe expecting to encounter your forebears only to discover they were black and had curly hair, vis-a-vie
    you’re on the opposite side of 'Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner' you have to admit it would be quite funny

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

What makes you think black people 10,000 years ago look like black people today?

10. hotwater

Facial reconstruction of ancient human skulls is now accepted as hard science,

Sure they're not exactly the same but you wouldn't confuse them with anything else other than modern man

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah I just found it interesting to ponder, if I couldn't recognise my ancestors, how could anybody else? Even I think there's differences in appearance from generations to generations. We don't look like our parents too much, definitely don't look like our grandparents. I me we as in my sisters. And then you look at their parents photo and you're like berrr.

From all my travel experience, you can look at a lot of people and wonder where they come from, but I can pick out a European pretty well, especially Scandinavians or Germans. That German characteristic of the sharp facial features. Not sure of I say sharp the correct way, I mean like... Boney cheeks and chins and stuff. We don't really have that as sisters, but my folks do.

Typically a male thing hehe.

Sig likes this.
  12. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Indeed it doesn't: but it can mislead. When we're talking about nearly 10000 year old fossils, the chances of any DNA being corrupted and degraded are extremely high. This has to do with humidity, pressure, freeze/thaw cycle, etc.... The fact this is seemingly being ignored by the majority in favor of some social agenda is worrying, but also unsurprising. The simple fact is we don't know what complexion the skin of Cheddar Man, or his family, was. We also don't know if he was indicative of the population of Britain/Europe as a whole either.

Eric! likes this.
  13. hotwater

There is no social agenda.

Cheddar man just happened to the oldest but their conclusions were based on dozens of fossilized remains found throughout the UK and western Europe

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

why couldn't it have been someone from africa, and then they bought him back to UK, and he died there, and that's him?

lol.

blow your minds.

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Maybe 10000 years ago people from south of the Mediterranean came for their holidays to north-west Europe and this one partied too hard :laughing:

hotwater and Irminsul like this.
  16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

:D

yeah. i cant see why it's so hard to believe.

17. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

"Spear chucker"........?
    Was he/she referred to as "spear chucker" in the interview, or are you consciously calling the individual a "spear chucker" at your own accord?

18. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Precisely - a relentless intellectual curiousity is one of the drivers of change - not all good, but essential for progress and fun fun fun or curious intellectuals

19. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Yes, Eric. Hr was an enlisted man. Anyway the crisis has been resolved since more recently we've discovered that the beaker people suddenly appeared from all over Europe and bred the previous Brits out of existence. The beaker people made characteristic beakers and other crockery that defined their culture. They were fair and blue-eyed if I recall

20. Sig

Sig Senior Member