Fire

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by Crystaleyez, May 12, 2004.

1. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Props to all ya'll circus freaks like me out there. I spin fire...poi and staff. I love doin this sexy ass belly dancing thing with the poi. This summer me two other fire twirlers and a gymnast, we're gonna attach fire prongs to her toes while she flips around like a monkey, an sum drummers are hoppin in a van and circusing across the country(Canada). Hope you see us we'll be pretty hard to miss. Who else likes to play with the fire?

2. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

heya! i do fire poi and really want to get into more circus acts :)

i also to dancing when i poi it makes it far more visually interesting :)
    hope u have a great time going across canada :)

3. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i dont really do circus stuff...but i can do "freak show" stiff...like blow and swallow fire..and hammer a nail into my nose (easyer than it sounds..and its preaty much painless)

4. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Nice. I have performed with fire breathers before, I used to to this thing with this guy for a finale where I would get up on his shoulders and spin while he blew a huge fire ball. Be careful tho, I know you prolly know, but I've seen a few ppl light their faces on fire and thats never fun. Dude freak show stuff is totally circus. Oooh you should try throwing coffeemate into the air and lighting it up. *pyro*funs fun. I like fun.

5. sonik

sonik Member

I used to be a bit of a pyro, does that count?

6. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

kumb;e ! dis hat is on fire , dez eyes , dez feets

yyyhi hobo ko !

7. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I have to ask. How does one safely handle fire with long hair?

I'd love to firehoop but my hair gets wrapped around a regular hoop.

8. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

tie it up int oa bun or wear a hat thats all i can sujjest, i used to have massive wool dread extensions which prevented me doing fire poi. no i have small real dreads, much better.

If u have that much hair and are struggling to find a hat, get a tam, they are designed for dreads and there for designed for a lot of hair

9. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

wet it it cover it up with a toque that won't melt. A toque is a winter hat. or any other kind of hat.

10. fireguy

fireguy Member

I was at the Vancouver Tattoo Festival a little while ago and we saw this guy Rob Hill and he did all kinds of crazy stuff. Poked needles through his face and his arms, spat fire, eek! :) I wonder what inspires someone to actually pursue a career as a professional freak? Next time I see him I'll have to haul him aside and ask him how he knew. :D

------------
    Cheers,
    Leif
    Get Fire Poi at Luxotica!

11. Rayeine

Rayeine Member

I was all revved up to make a post about poi. I lOVE it...although i'ts been really hard to find poi anywhere (here in Vancouver) that sells the starter kits and whatnot.Im not good or anything, but i went to the lantern festival in Newton last summer and i fell in love and then had the oppertunity to try it.
    If you have any info on getting started...or anyone you know that teaches in Canada, please let me know..

its absolutley insane.

(you know what i really hate.....having belonged to this community...before they upgraded...with 500+ posts, and now back to fucking square 1...pfft. digital status, bite me)

12. Rayeine

Rayeine Member

yes...dense...

(never mind the post..i have all of the info i need thanks to the previous post)

13. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Theres a girl named Rikki Burfeild lives in Nelson. She does workshops and she'd totally teach you. Another girl in Nelson named angela. She's like the fire girl there so yeah. Just ask around go to Oso Negro. they got cheapish kevlar too.