Fire starter threads

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gone and forgotten, Feb 28, 2019.

1. i like fire. The bigger, the better. Today we will start a fire with pictures. Small fire but I want it to last all day. First, kindling

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You call those tools?

3. I have more tools than this. Btw, what should I call them? For this purpose, this will do.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You are going to start a fire on a car tyre?

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

7. No. It’s a fire pit

8. That is what it was going to look like. But I passed out from drinking a big margarita all at one time so I never made a fire yesterday

CloudyMushroom likes this.
  9. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

The photo looks like a tire on a rim. If that is the case , do not be surprised if the tire catches on fire. If it does catch on fire it is a bitch to put. I have spent a few nights over the years putting out fires in scrap yards where tires were burning. They are truly hard to put out. You can chase the fire around and around inside the tire before you can extinguish it.

10. Be careful of the weather conditions

everything bagel likes this.
  11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

a picture of a fire. well there's nothing wrong with that, but as i'm sitting here in a room with the heater going full blast, and the doors and windows closed, and it still can't keep up with the cold outside, and the heat that is being lost through the walls, and these pictures of fires, are an even more graphic example of the difference between a cat and a picture of a cat, or any actual thing, all the rewards of that thing, all the inconveniences of it, a smoking pipe, a cat, a fire, a tree, a car or a bus or a train. we can look at a picture and imagine seeing that thing, feel like we're seeing that thing, but all these pictures of a fire, they do not heat the air in my room.

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

13. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Be careful. Fire is no joke. Where I live, this can end with thousands of acres burned and homes destroyed

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

same here, depending on weather and time of year.
    fire pits are ok as long as the area around them are cleared of anything flamable. but still need to be careful. fire pits are how we always used to do barbique when i was little growing up.

everything bagel likes this.
  15. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

My mom and stepdad have 1 in their backyard, but it's been raining so much lately we haven't been able to use it.