Finding 'True' Coca Cola.

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by Jimbee68, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

First a couple of disclaimers. As I said before on these boards, I personally do not take illegal drugs. I occasionally imbibe, because I am a responsible adult, of legal age to drink. And I do not condone others taking illegal drugs. I think it is a horrible way to throw away your life. (Hopefully recreational marijuana will be legal everywhere some day. But that's another topic, for another day. )

Anyway, I don't take illegal drugs. But I do think of it from time to time. Did you know, for example, Coca Cola had real cocaine in it at one time? Then in the late 19th, they simply took it out.

Anyway, you can't get the good stuff anymore. But I was reading this interesting article, in a book on herbs of all things. In some places in South America, it is legal to eat and drink things that contain small amounts of cocaine in it. Just don't bring it back across the border, of course.

I wonder if they have it there. It only has a small amount of cocaine in it anyway. I probably wouldn't try it. But some people are more adventurous than me I guess.

:)

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

From "Social Problems: Continuity and Change" my Social Problems textbook. There was lots of prejudice and stereotyping in those days. Many of the propaganda against drugs that are illegal today were originally leveraged against minorities in some ways.

ZenKarma likes this.
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

comparable to legal drugs.

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Cocaine in it's natural form is not the same as the white powder you get on the streets. What the locals are using is like caffeine in coffee. A bit of a pick up but not a "high". That's why it's legal.

What you snort takes acres of land to make not a few leaves.

Running Horse and rollingalong like this.
  5. deleted

deleted Visitor

actually not true .. but true.. small amounts of cocaine can be made from a single plant / no bigger than small shrub .. but from what i understand the shorter the shrub the more alkaloids it produces. /dmt plants I believe are like that also/. ..
    the true/ it would take more space to grow more small shrubs than tall ones..
    the true/local coca leaf is like caffeine. impo safer. but what do I know.

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Based on what I've read, the amount of cocaine in OG Coca-Cola was not very much, I'd rather just snort Cocaine and then drink a Coca-Cola, but I don't really have any sort of intrigue with this type of combination. Heroin used to be in cough syrup too, so basically the view of these substances was significantly different back then but I think the isolated chemicals are likely more interesting for recreational use.

With your view on drugs, I don't expect you to try it but the fascinating combination surrounding cocaine to me is cocaine and alcohol. This combination actually forms a "different" drug in vitro, or in your body.