Finding a friend for my Mom?

Discussion in 'Ask The Old Hippies' started by Ainessa, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Ainessa

Ainessa Members

My mom and I are very good friends, but obviously, not in the same age range.

Most of her immediate family sucks and she’s super introverted. She had the misfortune to grow up in an area that became very posh and wealthy, and the people here are factory produced robotic replicas of humans with glitches in the critical thinking and creativity department.

She’s now 60 something and she’s starting to feel sad about the fact that she has no one to relate to. She’s incredibly intelligent, opinionated, and compassionate. Loves birds, animals, and everything nature. Loves yoga and the wilderness. Doesn’t judge unless you richly deserve it. She misses her generation when things made sense and you were free to speak your mind, and she’s lonely. She never really fit in, because she’s got a bit of a wild spirit, but I feel like these days she feels like she’s living in a world she no longer understands...which is sadder in a way.

I want mom to be able to talk to people that get her and speak her language. Hopefully she can find a friend she can really relate to. Do any of you people know some online communities she can try? (Other than this one of course)

or do you know of any uhh...events in the US that are not too insane where people of her age group are eager to form friendships?

PS: She’s married and probably would identify best with a female friend.

2. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

The Transition Network and Sixty and Me

Ainessa likes this.
  3. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

What's wrong with the husband?

4. Ainessa

Ainessa Members

nothing is wrong with the husband - they actually make a great team. But he’s not really someone you can talk to about much. He mostly runs around doing physical things like cave diving and bike riding. She’s kind of left tagging along behind in his wake.

5. Ainessa

Ainessa Members

Thanks! I’m going to check this out! :D

6. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If she likes hippies perhaps she should check out the Rainbow Family.

7. She's only 60, so many ways to meet and make friends...you can't find friends for her. I'm 82 and still make friends....:disappointed: sounds like your mother has given up...oh to be 60 again.

etherea likes this.