Finally Starting Over

Discussion in 'People' started by BeatinFeet69, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Yep first day of a new chapter in my life. Moved out of my ex wife's house yesterday & onto a subsistence farm a couple hours away called Living Roots. Spent the last half of the day harvesting chard & getting real overheated, like a dumbass. Definitely gonna be a rough life style to get used to. No AC at all, most of the food is vegetarian, only one outhouse, however I hope that the experience I gain & the chance to just be for a living will make such hardship worth it.

75 acres of farmland, couple small herds of cattle, several chickens, & a few pigs. Place grows more vegetables than I can list here but I'll throw a few out. Chard, cabbage, onions, garlic, kale I believe, tomatoes, squash, pumpkins & much much more.

Damn beautiful here. Quiet too though with all the shit I've got on my mind quiet ain't my best friend right now.

Well there's update #1 & done. Expect more experiences to follow.

2. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Sounds good!

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

doesnt sound like a good way to generate income for spousal support payments and possibly child support

4. Running Horse

Nope but my ex doesn't want me to pay either of those. Not yet anyway.

5. Running Horse

Start of week 2 update.
    Hell of a place. Up every day weeding, planting, transplanting, feeding chickens, thankfully taking their eggs, taking care of the pigs & goats. Last week was mostly spent trellising tomatoes, which for those who don't know is pounding fence stakes into the ground along the rows to let the tomatoes grow up the fence.

Had a blunder yesterday. There's a lake trail about a mile from here which I decided to walk. Base trail itself is about 11 miles around but I accidentally took the wrong fork & found myself 7 miles over the Illinois state line. Was out of water & utterly exhausted, however I got lucky & flagged down a trooper who gave me water & helped me get my bearings. Altogether it turned into a 17 mile hike through dense woods. Had a major spiritual experience while out there. The craziest part was that the big ol' farm dog went that whole way with me. Couldn't believe it....

Well Update #2 done until next time brothers & sisters

tumbling.dice, YogaBird and morrow like this.
  6. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

What state are you in? I border Illinois.

7. Running Horse

Indiana

tumbling.dice likes this.
  8. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Yeah, nature will do that. Ain't it awesome?

Anyway, sounds like you are enjoying this new chapter of your life, so more power to ya! You WILL find the peace and happiness that you deserve :)

BeatinFeet69 likes this.