Finally Gonna Do It

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by bigmikeherrmann, Feb 11, 2009.

1. bigmikeherrmann

bigmikeherrmann Guest

ive wanted dreads for as long as i could remember, and am finally gonna do it. but i was wondering if anyone knew any stylists in texas who do good dreads.

2. amybird

amybird Senior Member

I think everyone on this forum is going to tell you not to go to a stylist...

3. hax

hax Member

yep, do it right, either neglect or get a few friends to back comb, saves you lots of money and gives you real dreads

4. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

i live in texas :D

where in tx are you?

5. Merrivale

Merrivale Senior Member

Don't go to a salon, they'll screw your hair up, and relieve your wallet of a lot of money which isn't necessary. Have a read around of the stickies and the other threads. Check out some of the other GOOD forums/websites that are around online (not knottyboy/dreadhead) Pick whatever method you feel comfortable with, and enjoy growing dreads. Good luck

6. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

I agree^^
    do your research and then decide.read up on this forum.choose and then start and let us know.good luck man!

7. MoonDoggie

MoonDoggie Member

Woot for taking the plunge!

8. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

hairstylest have told me that hairstylests dont know the 1st thing about dreads but some will "do them" to get paid ofcourse
    hairstylist dreads though rarely last a few weeks because they are so horrible
    look at mommajojos 1st attempt at dreading dont by a stylist then the pain and anguish she went through to recover only to find out when she went natural they dreaded very fast with no work

even dreadhewadhq and knottyboy who are well known scammers and destroyers of thousands of dreads warn against the salon dread scam
    they glue tyour hair into as mess then charge up to 800 dollars tyell u not to wash for 6 months and to come back every 2 weeks for maintanance add more wax charge 200 more every 2 weeks then after your out over a thousand dollars the mess has to be cutr off enzsuriong u never try again and remain theyre slaves for life
    dread=freedom from salons
    salons=dreadlessnesstheyre industry revolves around preventing dreads why would u go to one to free yourself from them forever?