Final words, who wants to advise me?

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by otb01, Apr 18, 2007.

1. otb01

otb01 Member

Ok, today I finally ordered with my saved up money:
    Salvia zone:
    1 gram of Red
    2 * 1/2 gram (1 gram) of Beyond

IAS:
    3 gram Wild Dagga 10x Resin
    3 gram Wild Lettuce Resin

Who wants to lend me some advice? Here's the plan: When I get the salvia, the first thing that I'm going to do is take a cigarette and replace the first maybe 3-5mm of tobacco with "Red" salvia. That should give me a slight feel for things.

Eventually me and about 4 friends will get together with a bong that one of us will make and so some of the "Beyond" (after we all get oriented the cigarette way).

Questions:
    Salvia + Wild Dagga and/or Wild Lettuce: Good/Bad?
    Should I put some tobbacco into the bong mix?
    I like smoking bay leaf, is that good to put in the mix?

Ideas:
    -After the bong stuff, I might try making a salvia + bay leaf + tobacco joint and smoking it. I will definitely report the findings.
    -Various mixes. Not nesc with salvia but even bay leaf + wild dagga. I will report all of it.

All comments open.

2. Sensei

Sensei Senior Member

why bay leaves?

3. otb01

otb01 Member

Well, I am a Hindu and we have a history of use of bay leaf. Bay leaf when smoked, which is mostly unknown to the west, lifts your mood to an extent that is hard to describe. You could be having terrible stomach pains, smoke bay leaf and come out happy as can be. It does so much for your mood in general and makes you think faster. The dried is hard to smoke because it needs to be crushed up a lot until the pieces are at about 2mm by 2mm give or take a mm. Then that has to be rolled up. Only some rolling papers work. I find blunt always works thou. This is this way because dried bay leaf doesn't keep a flame when it is not lit literally on full fire. Fresh bay leaf can usually burn without needing to be crushed and in India, it's usually just plucked up off the trees, tied together with a little rubber band at the very end and lit up. It is really refreshing to say the least.

That ends my bay leaf essay.

4. tripoli

tripoli Member

Thanks. That's interesting to know. I'll try it sometime.

Good luck with the Salvia! Let us know how it goes.

5. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

Replacing the tobacco in a cigarette with salvia will just be a waste. Cigarettes don't burn quite hot enough to vaporize the salvinorin A. You might get a very very mild effect, but it's not a cost effective way of using it. If you're ok with that, than go for it. I would still recommend using a pipe and just a little pinch of salvia to become acclimated to it though.

Also, I had no idea that bay leaf had any effects whatsoever. Very interesting!

6. ~peace~

~peace~ Senior Member

^^Im also interested with the bay leaf idea....I might try it sometime.

7. Sensei

Sensei Senior Member

from wikipedia:
    Laurus nobilis, is a culinary herb often used to flavor soups, stews, and braises and pâtés in Mediterranean Cuisine. The fresh leaves are very mild and do not develop their full flavour until several weeks after picking and drying.
    California bay leaf
    The leaf of the California bay tree (Umbellularia californica), also known as 'California laurel', 'Oregon myrtle', and 'pepperwood', is similar to the Mediterranean bay but has a stronger flavor.
    "Indian bay leaf" (also tej pat, tejpat, or tejpata)
    The leaf of the Cinnamomum tejpata (malabathrum) tree is similar in fragrance and taste to cinnamon bark, but milder. In appearance, it is similar to the other bay leaves but is culinarily quite different, having an aroma and flavor more similar to that of Cassia. It is inaccurately called a bay leaf as it is of a different genus (though the same family) as the bay laurel.

are you talking about the indian bay leaf, as you related this to india, or normal culinary bay leaf, as it is known in the US?

8. otb01

otb01 Member

I think that it is probably California. I'm pretty sure you don't cook with the mislabeled "Indian" Bay Leaf. Either way, any of them should probably work. I smoke Bay Leaf from the store, so either way.

Honestly, if you can, get it fresh and not dried. It's better.

9. MatrimCauthon

MatrimCauthon Member

Smoking salvia out of a cigarette is pointless.

10. otb01

otb01 Member

Yes, I've heard you say this about 50 times now.

Anyways, yesterday I was thinking about my order and remembered a tattoo shop near where my friends and I were. We picked up about 1g of 5x and we didn't have a pipe/bong/etc nor did we have enough money. We were gonna make a water bottle bong but our small hole somehow turned into a a 1 and 1/2 inch wide one. Well, there were three of us and one of us was feeling sick. So basically, the two of us ended up rolling up 5x in blunt wrap. After we had each taken like 3 or 4 hits, within a bit we could feel it. Both of us had the feeling like our legs weren't there but we could still feel pain in them (I got a little weirded out and had our sober friend stomp on my foot). We also started laughing really hard. After a while of walking my friend's vision got darker but for me, lights got brighter. We walked by this church with illuminated walls. My friend thought that it was weird, I thought that it was like the church was in 3d but everything else was in 2d. It seemed to be because of the church's illuminated walls which made it "jump" out.

Anyways, I know what to expect when I do my 10 and 20x get here and I do it the RIGHT way.

11. tripoli

tripoli Member

Smart move.

You go a lot deeper with the 20x.

Good luck!

12. otb01

otb01 Member

Ok, package arrived at my friends on saturday, I have it today. The salviazone packaging alone is very very very nice. They even included two 1/5 gram samples of their green level salvia! IAS came with a little personal comment handwritten thanking me for my order. That was a nice touch. Anyways, I plan to spark it up by friday-ish. Still working on my bayleaf extract ;-)

13. tripoli

tripoli Member

IAS did the same with me both times.

Cool to hear about Salvia Zone; good to know.

Be sure to post if that Bayleaf extract works - I've been to the store a couple of times but keep forgetting to check out the spice rack and buy some (but I will).

14. otb01

otb01 Member

I'm letting the stuff sit for a day or two more. People are getting suspicious that I'm making coke or something which is very, very annoying. I've been telling people that it's insense but it isnt working lol