Fighting

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Total Darkness, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

So how good are you at it? Or how good do you think you are?

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

With my fists, probably not that good though I trained in boxing when I was a younger teen, remember a few things like work with my reach, cover my face, jab with the left, hammer with the right. Two quick jabs and banger. Always move, Dance, never stop moving, left to right make them work.

When it all comes to practice who knows, I'd probably pull hair and hammer with my fists like I'm beating a drum haha.

I got myself covered when it comes to swords and shields though. :)

I've been pushed around a bit but never hit. I pushed back too. I threw a punch once when i was pushed over, it never connected but she ran away anyway. I know what I am like when I get into a rage, so I don't think I'd give up too easy and I also don't know my own strength sometimes because during pushing matches when I got really angry I've knocked people over and I didn't think I could do that. Also one night when working behind bar i had to wrestle a drunk guy I put him on his back, and that was all from rage. I feel my heart tighten and I feel like I'm going to burst into tears and then I snap angry.

After all the emotion and adrenaline has gone, I often end in tears when I get like this.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    deadguy and GLENGLEN like this.
  3. Never think about it but have been in a few situations over the years where it is clear that something inside me is either extremely brave or extremely foolhardy.

Eric! likes this.
  4. Visexual

Visexual Member

To be honest, I was one of the best years ago. When I was in school, during the 50's and 60's, I got into fights very often. In high school, I joined the Oklahoma University Karate Club and came in 2nd place, brown belt division, in a national tournament. In the Air Force, as a Combat Controller, I had multiple fights and, even though it wasn't really fighting, as a cop for a couple of years I had more incidents that required my fighting skills.

I never had, or ever wanted, children, but if I had I would have certainly encouraged them to learn how to defend themselves.

GLENGLEN and Orison like this.
  5. deleted

deleted Visitor

I kick box few times a week (when body says I can) and I can still kick to up to 5ft, so a face is not to hard for me. Trained in Taekwondo and Aikido. Punch bags, and solid mats often and still have a lot of power considering all the nerve pain I have. None of my strength is effected to much..
    Strike first, strike hard, no mercy if the situation should occur.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  6. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Got the scars to prove it guys ! not been in a Fight for years though ( Probably run away these days if I could )
    Fighting these days is dangerous used to be a split lip or a couple of stitches at the worst , Nowadays somebody is gonna die and two lives wasted !!

7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

So true. Our daughter has seen the aftermath several times and seeing a young guy lying dead on the ground after the paramedics leave is just horrendous.

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Always know where the nearest 2X4 is, and I'm good.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i haven't been in a legit fight since jr high, so probably not too great. i have good pain tolerance though, so i could probably be like that old simpsons episode where homer becomes a boxer who just takes a beating until his opponents exhaust themselves.

rollingalong likes this.
  10. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I hit a guy when I was in 3rd grade. He started crying and ran off. My first and last fight. These days he's a Catholic priest.

rollingalong likes this.
  11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Can't go by experience. But I think I would suprise some people. First, i have a big sense of righeousness. If someone would do me or someone else i care about wrong like physical harm I will likely give in to these feelings. Second, I will not play by any rules. After all, I won't start it and am likely in it to end it as soon as possible

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  12. I'll fight anyone, anytime, anywhere.

13. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

That’s hot.

Eric! likes this.
  14. Come at me

Guy Stroking and Eric! like this.
  15. storch

storch banned

In my mid thirties I was involved in a road-rage incident. The guy came at me, so I kicked him on the thigh. It was not so much a kick as it was a push that kind of spun him around. I left my footprint on his jeans. He stopped for an instant, and then kept coming at me. I hollered, "Get out of here" as I was backing up across the road. I had to focus on him completely, and so I couldn't see how much road I had left behind me before backing up into the ditch. So I stopped and threw a punch at him as fast as I could. It was a straight jab that connected just above his eye. And man did that bleed. It knocked him back a step, and he almost went down. I stood there thinking that he would surely get back in his car and go. But he didn't.

He lunged at me with his fist drawn back, and I had no choice but to jab at him again. I connected with his other eye, and he went down. While he was getting up, I walked back to my car. By the time he was up I was almost to my car, and he hollered, "I'm going to let the law take care of you. He had a handkerchief out and holding it to his forehead, and his wife was out of the car and going to help him, at the same time flipping me off and calling me a mother-fucking bastard. I put my car in gear and sped off.

Of course, they had no idea who I was, so I figured I'd be fine. But in my rearview mirror I watched him pull a U-turn and head my way. What followed was a high speed chase. He wanted to get my license plate number. As luck would have it, I was driving a Plymouth Horizon with an un souped-up 1.4 lite engine. He was driving an equally un souped-up Chevy Chevette. At about 80 mph he backed off. But he had gotten my license plate number. And I ended up in court on an assault and battery charge.

The overall lesson is that a lot of times, it doesn't matter how experienced you are. What matters is how fast you are, and how willing you are to actually use that speed.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  16. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

:tongueout:

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Acknowledged

18. storch

storch banned

And also, don't get involved in any road rage incidents unless, or until, you're driving something with some real muscle. Plus cover your license plate with a McDonald's bag or something before you approach the enemy.

19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I've taken fighting lessons in my life. Mostly karate lessons from childhood, but I still have memory of the lessons. They made us do push-ups on our bare knuckles.

One thing about fighting, is that you never wanna break eye contact with your opponent. Too many people make the mistake of looking at the area they want to strike before hitting, (for example, if someone wanted to kick a guy in the balls, they'd look directly at his crotch to try and aim). As soon as you break eye contact, it gives your opponent a very easy chance to make an unexpected strike.

I haven't taken any fighting lessons in a long time, And it's been many years since I've been in an actual fight. So I don't think I'd do to well without getting back to training.

Orison likes this.
  20. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I suck. always lose... I hate fighting. People who get physical are less intelligent in my book.