"Fifty Shades of Grey" by E L James

Discussion in 'Erotic Books' started by Prsiqua, Jul 30, 2012.

1. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I searched on smashwords, but it didn't come up.

2. LM2014

LM2014 Member

I haven't read it myself, but from reading the reviews from people who actually live the BDSM lifestyle, they say this is an abusive relationship. One reviewer actually posted how many times the phrase "she rolled her eyes" was found in the book! Don't ever recall reading about someone who rolled their eyes unless it was a book for teenage girls. So I will save my money and spend it on well written erotica.

If you are looking for erotica in general or BDSM specifically, then a good place to check out is Ellora's Cave. They have all kinds of erotica. A free website full of short stories is Literotica.com. Smashwords has a wide variety of free erotica as well, just make sure the adult filter is set to 'off.'

3. LM2014

LM2014 Member

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? There are tons of undiscovered authors out there that fall to the wayside while this author rakes in the millions.

My first erotica novel was by Jaid Black. Then I discovered Laurann Dohner then Diana Persaud. No disappointments. I prefer Laurann Dohner's New Species over the Cyborg series, but both are unique premises. I also read Christine Feehan, Kresley Cole and Sherrilyn Kenyon.

4. cowboys filly

cowboys filly Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I read the first 50 shades book and then was given the 2nd and 3rd, I didnt find it exciting, due to he had to have loads of money, so its a story of girl falls for boy who has money, she said his money doesnt change her, but shes quite happy to go on a private jet to somewhere for lunch.
    There are some great authors out there, who have more believable story lines

5. nz male

nz male Senior Member

the movie they were making of shades of grey sounds like it needs some new main actors ?

6. birsha

birsha Member

I was disappointed in it. I read the first but didn't bother with the second and third ones.

Ana frequently annoyed the hell out of me. And the books repeated the same idea over and over again. I'm sure to drive home things but it was repetitive enough I got sick of it.

It's not surprising though since it's based on the Twilight books and I had basically the same feelings about the first one of those. And yeah I may be last girl on earth who hasn't read them all.

There's better erotica on the web written by amateurs than 50 shades. Though I guess she was basically an amateur too.

katsia likes this.
  7. Ladybird321

Ladybird321 Members

Everything in this book was completely predicted as for me, but still it was easy to read.

8. Cathy55

Cathy55 Members

I didn't like it at all... There wasn't any sence in that book!

9. Leenamorgan

Leenamorgan Members

:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes: BDSM life style is great and awesome