Fffc

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Frieden, May 24, 2013.

1. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

So on other forums I frequent, we often times have Flame Free Friday Confessions. I suppose the title should explain it all.

Go ahead, RT, confess without fear of being flamed!

2. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Here's mine: I really want to go tanning, so I can get some initial color. The Nebraska weather really can't be counted on yet. With that said, I feel as though I am an irresponsible mother, as when I lay out in the sun,
    I at least use sunscreen. When I go tanning, which I haven't in 5+ years, I never wear protection.

Yup, that's my confession. Lamesauce!

ETA: I'm going to a Beach Boys concert tomorrow, and I'm really flipping excited. They have to be in their 70s by now. My mom was suppose to take me to their concert 20 years ago or so, but instead she took our nasty fat neighbor. She didn't tell me until the night of. I was so upset. My mom was suppose to drive down and go to the show with me, but she can't for whatever reason. I hope she's super jelly!

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Wow, that's some confession.

4. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

I know. I'm sure I have something better, but nothing is coming to mind.

5. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

My confessions...

I hate tanning beds and usually despise the people that go to them.

(on a side note though has anyone heard the news thing that unprotected sun exposure is supposed to help lower high bp and help prevent heart disease? so now it's ... heart disease or cancer? hmmm)

And, okay, even though there was coffee here I went out to get a latte with two extra shots of espresso in it because I'm addicted to lattes even though they were a waste of money.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I really want to flame you for that as pale skin is beautiful and tanning bed skin really isn't, but I will refrain..

I really want to leave my baby at his granny's this weekend so I can go party but he is only 7 months old and wanting to leave him so I can get drunk makes me feel like a horrible mommy. This is my confession.

7. Pressed_Rat

Fight! fight! fight! fight!

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I just applied for a new job that pays great and has great benefits but the responsibility as well as the work load is tremendous. I have the experience but the thought of so many people relying on me is scary.
    Should I stay where I am, play it safe, go faggot - or go for it all.

Hotwater

9. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Oh speaking of that... (what meliai wrote)- my child is 2 yrs and 4 months old (as most of you know) and I have never once (voluntarily) left him over night to go do anything. I've never left him anywhere for more than 5 hours.

And a part of me thinks of things that I'd like to do (for ex "sometime over the summer") but then I feel guilty... because I LIKE being around my son. And I think to myself "do you really need to go to...a show... or whatever it is im thinking about...without Case?"--- so i never go.

So, I kinda wanna do something without him some w.end this summer but I probably won't. For ex- even Hershey Park...which D will have free family passes for a day in Aug.- right by my bday too- Case would not like it there. He's not big on rides and long lines like that? So, I could get my mom to watch Case n D n I go by ourselves and actually ride roller coasters which I love and miss... but it would be an all day thing so I don't know what I'll do.

I look at my baby book and apparently my mom and dad were all the time leaving me with my grandparents to ... go to parties... go to the beach for a night or nights without me....etc.- all the time. (well not that often but at least once every 2 or 3 months)... but see, they were in early 20's and I'm early 30's and I had time to DO all that stuff already. So, it's different...

10. Pressed_Rat

OK... there is this woman who works where I do, who does a weekly radio program on one of the local college stations. Unlike me, she has a REAL job working as an accounting assistant in one of the back offices. She has some of the best taste in music I have ever heard in a person, much less a woman, playing such awesome music on her broadcast. I really want to meet this woman, but don't know how because she is never at work when I am, and I have only seen her twice (before learning of who she is). It's causing me some distress that I may never meet this person and get to talk to her, and e-mailing her would be creepy since I have never formally introduced myself to her at work.

If anyone has some advice for me, it would be much appreciated.

11. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Duh. Forget something there or have some excuse to stop by when she is working and you're not working. Make sure you run into her and just be like "Oh, you're so and so with whatever program?! You play a great mix of music....".....

12. Pressed_Rat

What I am hoping is that she is there again late some night, like she was a few weeks ago. It would have been the PERFECT opportunity to talk to her, but I didn't know who she was at the time. I could almost punch myself in the gut for it.

During the day would be too awkward, since I would need an excuse to go back by where her office is.

13. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Well, if you did have to go there it wouldn't really seem weird to ask her a question about music- about something she played, her opinion on something she played...whatever.

14. Pressed_Rat

I'm never going to meet her. I have the worst luck.

Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a thread about me... again.

Thanks for the advice, though, Trish.

15. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Haha. Okay... well, usually things happen when you don't expect them.

16. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Can't you do something trough the station, like suggest a play list or something, just to break the ice? And then casually mention where you work?

17. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I have a social commitment this weekend that I would really like to not attend.

18. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

isn't there a 'true confessions' section on hip?

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

haha now I feel really bad because I've already left him overnight once a couple of weeks ago. His grandparents on both sides are always begging us to keep him so that keeps me from feeling too too guilty, I know I'm leaving him somewhere where he is loved.

My mom was like you, she never left me overnight anywhere. She never even left me during the day unless she was working. She didn't even like me staying at my friends' house when I got older, she wanted me to have friends stay at our house instead. But I always wanted to stay the night with my grandma....I think she let me stay once my entire childhood. She had my siblings in her twenties and let them stay the night out all the time but she had me in her 30s and kept me close to her side so I think you're right about age having something to do with it.

If you ever do let him stay overnight, I wouldn't feel too guilty about it..like I said, I used to beg my mom to let me stay with my grandma and the one time she did I was in heaven.

20. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

Ok heres mine.

I have feelings for a married women. We've known each other since our early 20s and have always had this "chemistry" between us. Back then we rolled in Party Crews and she was in a crew with a bunch of other hot girls, I would always see her at party's, club's, etc. The problem was she was already married back then, and in those days I was young and stupid and girls that hot were intimidating. But every time we saw each other there was always this magnetism between us, I never told anybody and just kept my feeling to myself.

Fast forward to NYE 2011 into 2012. I was at this party with some old friends and she shows up. She didn't remember me from back in the day, and I chose not to remind her, but a friend of ours kind of "introduced us" that night, this was the first time I've seen her since the 90s. Even thought she didn't remember me that "spark" was still there and I could feel it, in fact other people at the party were saying they could see it too. I ended up dancing her and bunch of other girls all night. After that I couldn't stop thinking about her for like 3 days.

I didn't see her again until Nov 2012, when a friend hosted my bday party at his club. That girl showed up with a bunch of other friends and while we were dancing she stopped and said "have we met before", "did I dance with you on new years"? I said yes we did, then she says, "yeah I remember you because your a good dancer and I remember the way you dance, plus you were the only guy that had the balls to come dance with us". Then something jogged her memory and she says "I've known you forever huh, from way back in the day". After that we had this long talk about how long we've known each other and danced and hung out together all night.

Then last weekend I saw her again at another bday party. And even though there was lots of other hot girls at the club once I saw her no one else mattered. Sure enough we ended up hanging out together, in fact some guy dragged her on the dance floor and she looked me with a look of "help!", so I went and saved her and we danced together all night again, it was amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I know she's married and I'm not trying to hook up with her, I came to terms with that not happening years ago. Its just that when we see each other there's always this magnetic draw between us and it feels amazing. I talked to one of my best friends who grew up with her and he said, she's one of the coolest, nicest most awesome people you'll ever meet. We roll in the same circles so I know I'll see her again, most likely at a wedding or bday party or something.

Like I said I'm not trying to get with her, in fact I'm not even sure if I'd want to get with her. She will always be in my life in one way or another because we have the same group of life long friends. Plus there's to many other girls out there right now to be stuck on just one girl. However she is one of the very few girls in my life that I've had this kind of "special" connection with, and all the "special" ones have either slipped away or have been out of reach. I guess its true when they say you want the ones you can't have.