fever that wont go away, WHAT DO I DO??

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by hippydippysayspeace, Apr 10, 2007.

1. hippydippysayspeace

hippydippysayspeace Member

I have had a fever for 3 days it has gone up to 103 and down to 100 but for the most part it usually has stayed at 101. for some reason no medicain has worked including nyquil, tylonol, advil ect.-any of the usual things you would take to get rid of a fever. the only other symtoms I have is a slight coach and extreme tiredness,weakness-It hurts to walk and i feel dizzy when I try. Its not a bad sickness, its basicly a clod but it wont go away and im afraid of it getting worse!!! what do I do??? HELP PLEASE!!!

2. MamaGoose

MamaGoose Member

That sounds like when I first got mono. Sore throat or trouble swallowing? If so you should go to a doctor.

Any who, take a cool bath. Soak for a long time and if you start feeling the water get warmer, then drain some out and cool it down. Not to the point where you are cold but just so you feel some cool relief.

That always helps when I have a fever.

3. hippydippysayspeace

hippydippysayspeace Member

I dont have a soar throat but i have a slight coagh..I don't think its mono..at least i hope not..but thak you so much for your help..im on day four now but it has yet to go away..it got worse..its now at 102.5 and up and the doctors dont even know whats wrong with me so I have to wait it out...