fetsivals/gatherings in poland?

Discussion in 'Poland' started by katja1, Apr 27, 2009.

1. katja1

katja1 Member

dear hippy friends,

we're traveling through poland this summer in july/august and are looking for some nice festvals/gatherings or other places to go to....little bit rainbow atmosphere :)
    if you have any nice suggestions please let me know......

2. Mesjasz

Mesjasz Guest

Definitely Przystanek Woodstock
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC9ARHv3dZs
    It's not so great as it was couple years ago (in 2002 to 2004 it was about 400 thousands people!), and the new place (kostrzyn) is imo not that good as the old airport in żary was.
    It's not all-hippie fest, the people are mix of punks, hippies, metalheads, rasta ect. but the atmosphere is very peacefull. Definetly the best open air festival in Poland (and IMO in europe ;) )

3. Nirali

Nirali Member

So Kostrzyn is not origin hometown for Przystanek? I didn´t no that. I´m planning to visit it two years, but every summer I finished elsewhere. Maybe this summer :)
    Need to go also to Krakow.

4. WorldPeace

WorldPeace Senior Member

any small festivals this summer? like max 150/200 people?

5. Oko

Oko Member

I'm going to poland this summer too - besides woodstock, isn't there any other festival?

6. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

I know this is an old thread. If you happen to find out SBB or any of their members (Józef Skrzek, Apostolis Anthimos, Jerzy Piotrowski) playing near enough to go see them, see them! They are arguably the best Polish prog band and are really high up there in the prog world.