Feral Pigs Rooting Up the Forest

Discussion in 'Cannabis Pests and Problems' started by campfire-fly, Jun 25, 2012.

1. campfire-fly

campfire-fly Member

Hey - Anyone have any ideas how to protect plants from rooting feral pigs / wild boars?

I'm in a constant battle - I've lost 2 plants to this beast. Since then I've pushed 3 or 4 circle layers of sticks into the ground around a plant that had been threatened by this piggie & I built a log cabin stack of larger sticks & branches to discourage this rooting beast.

I know its a feral hog/pig - the plants I lost were completely rooted & the leaves & flowers were left untouched - saw the split pig hoof w/dew claw prints in the mud & what appeared to be pig scat near the trail. They are NOT affraid of humans, so the same tricks that work for deer, do not work on pigs & pigs are fairly smart.

Any suggestions or ideas? :bulb:

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Would you like that in 12 or 16 gauge?

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

easy peasy...you feed the pig something better than your plant.......put it under a bunch of sticks and rocks so its work to get it...i dont know what boars eat but deer apple bushels are dirt cheap this time of year...so is cow corn...

how secluded/...chicken wire is about 20 dollars for 30 feet of it if they get really out of hand....also....coyote urine is available at most hunting stores...it also works for most animals

4. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Trick. Some garden supply stores carry literal panther piss. Myself I'd recomend a 10 gauge and a smoke house.