Feminism

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Lovely_Lissa, Jul 20, 2018.

?

Are you a feminist?

Poll closed Jul 22, 2018.
  1. Yes i am!

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No I'm not!

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  3. I'm not sure?

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

It's like you said...we're too busy climbing the career latter and living life to be upset over a man holding a door open for us.

Me, personally, I hold doors for anyone older than me. Is that weird?

2. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I don't know any who are outspoken, but I have a few feminist friends who buy into some of the radical narrative.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

to my knowledge i've never met a feminist of any type in real life. i've just seen the crazies on the internet mostly, and back when i actually paid a little attention to the news.

i'm sure i have met some regular feminists, but since the normal feminists don't tend to make a scene about it i never realized it. i guess i've never gotten close to any, or i would probably know it.

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

ageist!

i just hold doors for anyone nearby basically. or anyone carrying stuff, or using a walker, or any other practical situation like that.

scratcho and Meliai like this.
  5. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Only hold 'em open for gals myself but I was raised to always respect women so.....

Noserider likes this.
  6. Running Horse

Was also taught by my pa that you never hit a woman......period.

snowtiggernd likes this.
  7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

when i was in high school there were girls who seemed likely to be into feminism but they didn't strike me as intellectuals. It honestly struck me as a maturity/immaturity issue at that point in my life though. Now I know better, and I consider feminists my intellectual peers.

Noserider likes this.
  8. Noserider

I'll hold doors open for anyone, but I open them, step aside, and let elders pass through...just the way I was raised.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Nope, I do the same. Actually i hold doors for everyone. And i'm always afraid some guy is going to get pissy about it, like i'm insulting his manhood by holding the door, but so far so good. So havent came across any extremist antifeminists either

I think if someone is coming out a door right behind you, holding the door should just be common courtesy. Like why wouldnt you hold it. But some people dont, and i hate those people

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i really have no idea how i was raised on the door opening issue. i don't think it was enough of a focus to carry over to my current life.

my door opening is purely situational. i guess the simplest breakdown is that i'll generally do it if it's more helpful to the person in question than it is trouble to me. i don't know if that has anything to do with my upbringing, or just how i've decided to make a lot of my moral decisions.

GLENGLEN and soulcompromise like this.
  11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm sure there are some idiots who would be insulted by a door hold, but i can't imagine it's common enough to even consider. at this point, it would be like getting offended if someone said "bless you" when you sneeze (which i've actually seen, sadly enough).

i agree, when someone right in front of me slams a door in my face, it takes immense restraint not to slam my foot up their asshole.

McFuddy and Meliai like this.
  12. Running Horse

Guess I'll be on your hate list then.

13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Feminism came, saw, and won in the western world. And it did good things.

Now it needs to go the middle east where it is desperately needed. It's pretty much irrelevant here in the west nowadays. What rights do men have that women don't?

The most outspoken feminists like Gloria Steinhem and Clementine Ford say such divisive things like "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle"

No. A woman needs to secure herself a man before she's 35.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Well, not MY hate list. You said you hold doors for women. But sounds like Undies would put a boot up your arse

15. Running Horse

Nah I reckon I do hold doors for more than just women. Got yer hands full? I got that. If you're a a gal I'll even carry 'em to the car for you. In a wheel chair? Sure thing. Guess I typically do hold 'em for ol' folks too...

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

more likely, a bare foot or a sandal.

now i kind of want to start a thread in the barefoot forum about the right temperature to put a barefoot up someone's ass, or how to toughen up your foot for it, or something.

GLENGLEN and BeatinFeet69 like this.
  17. Noserider

Ladies and gentlemen, the reason radical feminism exists...

Asmodean, Meliai and McFuddy like this.
  18. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

"Secure" a man? lol Oh no...

[​IMG]

Noserider and Meliai like this.
  19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Men and women need each other.

If a woman wants to experience motherhood, she should get started while she's still fertile. How is securing a male partner she sees as good fathering material such a controversial statement?

GLENGLEN likes this.
  20. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I agree that men and women need each other, and we should not feel shame in this. We should seek to mutually respect each other, pretty basic.

But, treating women as though their worth has an expiration date, is sexist. Your intent might not be to sound like that, but it comes across that way.

Noserider likes this.