Female prison inmate pregnant

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Toecutter, Aug 12, 2021.

1. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And a pretty good one at that.
    I'm sure you can find:
    "All diploid organisms with allosome-determined sex get half of their allosomes from each of their parents. In mammals, females are XX, they can pass along either of their X's, and since the males are XY they can pass along either an X or a Y. For a mammal to be female, the individual must receive an X chromosome from each parent, whereas to be male, the individual must receive a X chromosome from their mother and a Y chromosome from their father. It is thus the male's sperm that determines the sex of each offspring in mammals.

However, a small percentage of humans have a divergent sexual development, known as intersex. This can result from allosomes that are neither XX nor XY. It can also occur when two fertilized embryo fuse, producing a chimera that might contain two different sets of DNA one XX and the other XY. It could also result from exposure, often in utero, to chemicals that disrupt the normal conversion of the allosomes into sex hormones and further into the development of either ambiguous outer genitalia or internal organs."

Which of course has nothing to do with dividing prisoners for the purpose of preventing pregnancy.

2. KathyL

KathyL Super Moderator Super Moderator

So why even bring it up?

And what about dividing prisoners for the purpose of preventing physical assault. Which is a lot more common in prisons than than pregnancy.

3. Dulci Daily

Dulci Daily Members

In order to maintain credibly that "trans women" are women although they may have penises, you need an alternate definition of a woman that is ascertainably more correct than the standard "vagina and no penis" definition. I'm still waiting to see what that definition may be.

4. boubindica

boubindica Banned

Why should Women be referred to as cis? They’re just Women. I have absolutely no problem with Transwomen, except when they insist they’re Women, and when they compete with Women in hi-end, or any sports. When they’re convicted as Women when they rape Women or commit any crime for that matter. When they’re put in prisons with Women. When they’re given access to Women’s private spaces. Why should Women have to bare the brunt of Transwomen’s problems?

Also, we can see from the reports that increasing numbers of children are being given hormones to transition, before they’re old enough or experienced enough to make wise decisions.
    When I was a child, I thought I should have been a boy. I’m very glad I was born in the early 60s or they’d have had me on those drugs for life and possibly even convinced me that I needed surgery, as has happened to way too many young people in the last decade or so. So what you said about “‘international standards” being used as a guide for diagnosis etc, just isn’t standing up to what is actually happening.

Why are those Transwomen who, let’s face it, are just a ridiculous parody of Women’s sexuality, being given access to young children in schools. Children too young to even be aware of adult sexuality. They’re being exposed to stuff that is frankly nothing short of child abuse.

What you should perhaps be doing is focusing on the damage that the TRAs are doing to the Trans communities.

5. KathyL

Are you banned from Google or something? The standards are easily available online.

6. KathyL

Evidence? Nah, didn't think so.

Just as there is no evidence that trans women have impregnated female convicts in prison, to bring it back to the topic.

7. Dulci Daily

Dulci Daily Members

Are you too lazy to provide a link or something? Or do you expect me to search for information supporting what you say, when you won't provide it yourself? No, thank you. Let's see a link.

8. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Ask yourself why bring up all that irrelevant diversion when you're the one who did. I'm merely questioning the sanity of it.

What about this new topic of physical assault you just started? Reasonable topic on the surface I would imagine. Whole different solution set since we all know that both genders fight more amongst themselves than with each other.

9. boubindica

boubindica Banned

Whatever makes you feel better.

10. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

That is so on point!
    I remember thinking as a young teenager how women have it easier. Would I have been so easily convinced to change if it were offered? I don't know, but I kinda doubt it. It's a rather delicate stage of life and ill prepared children with unscrupulous parents can fall for about any sort of damaging influence. And any sort of intention to cause them to do so is most certainly child abuse.

11. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Sitting watching television all day must be so boring for our murders and bank robbers.

12. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

T.V. Is a wonderful babysitter

13. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

14. KathyL

Hey, you are the one who brought up DNA.

As for assault, both physical and sexual, that is the tradeoff when considering where to house transgender inmates. A trans women housed in a men's prison has a near-100% chance of being physically or sexually assaulted. A trans woman housed in a women's prison has a very low chance of assaulting other inmates. How low? I doubt if there are any statistics available, because there is no evidence that it has ever happened. Presuming the authorities make some effort to keep out imposters, such as requiring that they be undergoing treatment before being transferred to a women's prison, there is no reason to expect such assaults to take place.

15. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Yes, there's plenty of reason to expect assaults. It's inevitable in typical prison scenarios (at least as depicted in shows where people are congregated in groups). Always has been in all of human history and always will be unless physical separation is maintained. Hierarchy is always established among individuals in groups.

I brought up DNA as an aside to your irrelevant point of determining whether a person thought they were male or female.

Allow me to reiterate that for purposes of separation to avoid impregnation, what matters is genitalia.

16. KathyL

Well, duh.

But what you are saying without actually stating it is that you feel that exposing trans women convicts to the near-certainty of rape is preferable to exposing female convicts to the almost-nonexistent chance of pregnancy, and that it should be official policy. That is barbaric.

17. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

There's no need to pretend you know what I'm thinking. The topic is avoiding pregnancy of inmates by other inmates.
    We could go on forever about the relative merits of this, that, or the other side effect. Nothing wrong with considering that but a goal is a goal.

Separation would be the obvious common sense solution to trans victimization.

Here's a silly thought - live to stay out of prison.

18. KathyL

No, avoiding pregnancy of inmates by other inmates is a nonexistent problem that does not need a solution.

The topic is where to house transgender inmates. Separate facilities is a silly and needlessly expensive solution. Can you imagine the squawking if taxes were increased to pay for segregated facilities?

19. Dulci Daily

Dulci Daily Members

How about that link to the standards for determining whether a person with a penis is really a woman (or a person with a vagina, a man), which you say are so readily available online? You obviously know right now where to find them. I do not. It might be considered rude as hell to direct someone to Google when you could readily provide the link yourself.

20. KathyL