Feeling empty

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by MusicTaste, Nov 18, 2018.

1. papa-bear

papa-bear Members

Thank you for sharing !

2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like someone is in need of fluoxetine (Prozac)

It’s a Prozac Nation

3. Sometimes when I'm feeling down, I just start singing to myself, "You're the best around. Nothing's ever gonna keep ya down."

4. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Sorry to hear that you are going through this MusicTaste

The OP in these threads may help you
    Treating Depression and Anxiety

Acupressure Self-Massage For Treating Depression And Insomnia

I'm not sure if I gave meds a fair treatment, but I'd still say that acupuncture/Chinese herbal medicine, dietary changes, and exercise are better places to start than just meds alone. There's more information and maybe some modifications to what I posted there if you are interested

Hope things can get better soon!

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

When I feel down, about 3 pieces of music get stuck in my head which continue to hold me down because i associate them with sad times. It's hard to break this music in my head, sometimes it lasts weeks, months..
    I've been battling since around xmas. Has not gone yet, I instead choose to be more interactive with interests which helps pass the time. I try to channel the sadness in the music, into positive thoughts and energy.. it doesn't work very well.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

so amyone come up with a solution for feeling empty yet?

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ok, and what magical solution is the psychologist going to give or is it top secret and he/she cant tell anyone else?

That was sarcasm for: what the fook would a psychologist know

8. newbie-one

There's evidence that people can benefit from learning about CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) on their own. CBT is one of the most successful methods of therapy for treating depression.

If you have something that you want to express, or that you are willing and able to learn from a therapist, there's a rational basis for thinking that therapy could help you.

The links I posted above are worth checking out

9. pretteePeechbitz

pretteePeechbitz Members

I feel like this almost a the time and also lonely. I'm in a wonderful and very supportive long term relationship and I feel totally alone and sad all the time.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Because you are in a long term relationship

11. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

When I feel a bit under the weather and lack motivation to log off HF, I always remember that their is someone worse off than myself.

Then I remember how in his early years Rachmaninoff suffered severe depression and thought that he would never write another note.
    The cloud lifted and his magnificent third piano concerto was born, probably his finest work.

45 minutes later my cloud lifts and I feel ready to conquer the world.

Driftrue likes this.
  12. newbie-one

Sorry that you're feeling this way

Do you want to explain how your relationship is so good, and yet you feel so alone all the time?

I hope things can get better soon

13. pretteePeechbitz

pretteePeechbitz Members

I disagree, I truly believe that it's my anxiety and lack of coping skills. My guy is more than attentive and patient. He is amazing.

14. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

Stress blocks thoughts by suppressing hormones and this causes a distraction from concentration. Start by recording mental health with your emotions by forever replaying the strongest pleasure in your mind and ignoring everything else. Ignorance to everything else is a mental defense mechanism for eliminating stress by secreting hormones to reverse the process and suppress stress. Psychology has made us very, very complex organisms and reliving our happiest memories to protect our immune system from stress also protects our immune system from the pain of the worst memories. You will have a healthy concentration when you are no longer stressed but you will still remember all of the stress that you have already recorded in to your memories. Are you prepared to forgive and forget and move on for your own health? If you want the freedom to hold the odd grudge then read on... There are two types of psyche in mental health... Peace of mind and psychosis. Those with the peace of mind psyche instantly stop recording all emotional input other than direct pleasure. Those with the psychosis psyche choose to categorize, file and store away every single memory that their mind can read and replaying them over and over and over again drains them of mental health is all kinds of emotional ways. This may make them sick and even lead to a breakdown.

15. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I've been feeling empty for quite some time. But its not like a depressing or sad feeling like others have described it. Its more like nothing has a purpose anymore. At times feeling empty, dead inside. Emotionless.

16. newbie-one

Sorry you're feeling this way TD.

Do you feel like seasonal change might be an element in this?

17. Total Darkness

No worries. Perhaps its what i need to be feeling anyway. :)

No. Seasonal change effects more my physical health. The common cold and sinus. It never dramatically effected my mental health in that manner.

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Can't say I've ever felt that way

But the travelling does mess with your head.

Everytime I come back it's like, what the fuck am I doing this shit for; a whole bunch for material shit, that doesn't matter in the end

19. Total Darkness

All that time being outdoors in the heat. Just fried up my mind.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

But the sex is worth it right?