Feel like the only person in the world who hates cities

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Slasher, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Slasher

Slasher Members

Does anybody want to see my fucking pictures or not? I'll share them under specific circumstances.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

pictures of you? we all said we wanted to see them a long time ago.

3. Slasher

Slasher Members

PM me

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

There's jobs up in the city, hell I could probably drive a truck or I could move the 300 mile from home but I know I'd be giving up and you should know that I ain't leaving even if it's just my pride I save, I might be on the front porch or I might be in a hillside grave. But this house and 90 acres is the only place I have left to stand and my roots are anchored solid, I ain't machinary I'm a simple woman and I'll be here in the morning come pouring rain or sun, this house and 90 acres, what's said is good as done.

5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Sorry I overlooked this post Glen, I didn't mean to ignore you my friend.

Yes. I'm still home hunting. I had a home inspection of this one house that I was going to buy that was right on the river. The lot was long and narrow, but it had a lot of resale potential for a good financial investment, as well as an awesome place to live. But then we hired home inspectors and the problems kept adding up. The big deal breaker was a broken sewage line beneath the driveway of the house as well as the next door neighbor's. A huge fee to clean up, as well as a river pollution fine. So I backed out. Very sad about it.

Still torn between a country home, and a quaint suburban that is far away from a busy street.

Too many houses have a garage as the main focal point. Which part of the reason why I love homes of the early 20th century and the 19th century. In my part of the world, any home built before 1940 is a historic relic. My community is a fairly young civilization.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  6. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

I live on what used to be a farm in Nevada. House was built in 1938. Very simple. I find lots of big old gnarly nails when I dig.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm a country girl, I'm out of place, turned city bum
    A good day to me is getting by
    I walk a city mile without ever seeing the sun and there's no need to reach for the stars if you can't see the sky.

Its a God forsaken city that I'm so called living in, just trying to keep from dying it would seem.
    I hope I never have to learn to breathe this dirt, death and sin
    For now it is just my prison, but one day here's my dream.

One day I'll go back to the country, smell that cool, green mountain air. I hope some day that I'll get lucky, and go back to Gods country, that's my only prayer.

I try to find a friendly face to help me pass the time. But I feel I left all of them behind in my home town.
    I'd like to lay down in some green grass and clear my cloudy mind, but these streets just go on and on and I can't find the ground.

The wind sweeps off the freight yard and sings a lonesome chord, it haunts me like a cheap souvenir.
    I pass a man down by the mission he asks do I want to know the Lord? Well yes sir I want to know him, but I don't think that he's here.

Some day I'll make it back to country
    I will smell that cool, green mountain air
    I pray that some day I'll get lucky
    And go back to Gods country
    That's my only prayer. :)

8. Slasher

Slasher Members

I sent my two-week notice email to my boss today. I did this after an incident with a guest who was less-than happy about my service and demeanor. This culminated in disciplinary actions by my boss. It just so happened that another guest around the same time left a negative review about me on the hotel's survey, remarking about my unpleasant personality and things I said that rubbed them the wrong way. My boss and co-workers don't want me to leave. They all like me (for god knows what reason). But it's time to go.

I can't say I blame these guests one bit. That's why I decided that I needed to go. So instead of letting this problem escalate, I'm deciding to get out while I'm ahead. Hospitality is the last industry I need to be in.

I don't have a job lined up, but I'm looking for seasonal work right now to get me by. Perhaps something like groundskeeping or mowing. Something that I could do alone without dealing with other people.

I don't know how it could ever be changed, but I must say that I absolutely HATE people. I don't mean that facetiously or to be funny. I mean to say that I TRULY hate people. I mean it with all my heart. I have a very difficult time just looking at other people. They make me want to rip my own hair out. It's a true and burning hatred. I cannot stand to be around them.

I hate myself too. I hate life.

9. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

Have you tried drugs and alcohol? It works for me. :)

That said, most people are okay. It's just the assholes that make life shit.