Fed Up

Discussion in 'Documentaries' started by RainyDayHype, Apr 13, 2014.

1. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Looks like a film everyone should see..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7A2RylUTiw"]Fed Up | trailer US (2014) - YouTube

2. RandomVegan

RandomVegan Member

I wish it would help but you have to remember the ones making all the money off this control everything.

3. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I have heard it said that if you like sausage you dont you wont to know how its made or what is in it . Maby people would be more careful of what they ate if they knew how its made and what is in it .

4. RandomVegan

RandomVegan Member

if this were actually true it would be far easier to convince carnists to become vegan.

5. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I know I would be better off health wise/karmicly if I could give up meat .

6. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

So you're saying that it is better to just go with the status quo than to educate yourself about what is really happening? How can you even attempt to change anything if you don't even know what the fuck is going on?

7. RainyDayHype

I read random vegan's reply as meaning there's been other documentaries like this but still there have been no changes, in the companies producing food. People are aware their food is crap but they really have no access to healthier options because companies are out to make money. They don't care about people's health. You can go the route of eating 'beans & rice' if you want. I eat mostly vegan and of course I look for convenient food options at the grocery store and they're sometimes not as healthy as I wish they would be. Most of the food available to us is all crap. Fruits and veggies have pesticides, there are hormones added to milk, and sugar added to everything.. We need more natural options available to us. Most stuff in the grocery store has ingredients you can't even pronounce and you don't know what they are.

8. eggsprog

Maybe things are different here, but other than dairy, I don't have a problem finding non-processed organic food.

I also have the time to prepare meals right now. Once we have children, we will most likely end up relying on more processed crap because we won't have the time to do anything else.

I think that public opinion is changing though. It will take time, but people are becoming aware that convenience is not always worth sacrificing your health and the planet.

9. RainyDayHype

Well, that's good to hear. The U.S. does seem doomed right now though..

and I really hope this is true

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I don't have a problem finding organic food but its really expensive, whether I buy it from whole foods or a local farm.

I'm willing to sacrifice in other areas of my life to afford high quality food because it is important to me but I know not everyone can do this. Also, people in the US living in low income urban or suburban areas usually don't really have access to an organic grocery store or a farm.

11. RandomVegan

RandomVegan Member

said nothing of the kind, I said the sheep ignore warnings, I have been "Cassandra" for four decades and people still go on obliviously, many times ridiculing me for warning them.

see what I mean, they will know and not do a thing.

I have no problem being vegan in my life, in fact my biggest problem is people thinking I am some sort of freak for caring about other species as well as caring about humans.

I live on SSI and eat this way, which is more expensive, medications, doctors and hospital visits + death? or decent/healthy food?

12. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

My man Gary Taubes is in it!

13. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

I don't have a problem finding organic foods here and farmers markets, some almost all year long for some stuff but it's pricy, still better then the crap they are raising at high speed to get it on shelves.
    Ever eat a tomato and there is no taste? Lots of that going on now.
    My freezer gets half a black angus a year and some pork. It's actually cheaper after it's packed and in the freezer then buying off the shelves now. I love my steak and roasts but in smaller amounts now and not as often as I used to.
    Will never go vegetarian as long as I can get my beef local and my yard is surrounded by tall cedars so growing is impossible so I do have to hit the markets for fresh veggies, or get the organic stuff in the grocery store.
    As far as junk food, it's rarely in the house. I buy a six pack of those tiny cans of Pepsi a month and there is usually one left by then unless someone else asked for one while visiting.

14. eggsprog

The fact that you feel that not eating animal products makes you better than other people is probably going to end up being a bigger problem for you.

Not all illness can be fixed by eating right.

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

No but its a great preventative measure. Heart disease is the most preventable disease in the first world and its also one of the leading causes of death, in the US at least. We also dont really have the greatest understanding of cancer and how heavy pesticide use and an overall bad diet contributes to cancer rates (or autoimmune disorders for that matter) so its always better to err on the side of caution.

16. drawinginblank

drawinginblank Member

It looks pretty interesting. I am interested to know all the facts and take what I want from it.

17. eggsprog

Agreed. And aside from the damage to humans, the chemicals and intensive farming are destroying our environment as well.

18. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

I hear that eating vegan style isn't really Right,,, seems they must supplement for stuff they miss in the diet and they don't die any later then the average meat eater who eats a right amount of meat.

19. RandomVegan

RandomVegan Member

did not say I was better than anyone, said carnists seem to have this problem with the fact that I have compassion for other, I hate when people take the reverse of what I say

never even slightly implied anything like this

20. eggsprog