[FEB 10th] Global Scientology Protest

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by rosdav, Jan 31, 2008.

1. rosdav

rosdav Member

[​IMG]

http://partyvan.info/index.php/Project_Chanology <- for anyone wanting to know more.

So yeah I'm not really a hippy, but i do smoke a lot of yad, attend raves and generally believe in enjoying life at the expense of you know materialism man

My main reason for registering and posting (aside from spreading the word) is to request info.

I've found lots of useful information online about what the Police can & can't do, protestors rights etc for England & Wales but I'm specifically looking for information under Scot's Law and it's rather hard to come by.

I was hoping some helpful souls on this board may have information regarding this, I'm thinking of people who protested the G8 in Gleneagles/Edinburgh. Any help would be met with gratitude.

I can use google (it brought me here) helpful advice / comments / recruits much appreciated.

Hail Xenu!

PS apologies if this is inappropriate or wrong forum etc but I have a sneaky feeling this will be right up some of your alleys <- that sounded better in my head.

2. IlUvMuSIc

IlUvMuSIc Senior Member

Nope dont have a clue about this law police stuff. But Im guessing you're a scientologist...

3. lithium

lithium frogboy

I'm guessing it's against scientology...
    But then I'm like :confused:
    And he's all :boxing:
    So then I'm like :D
    And then he's like :uhoh2:

4. IlUvMuSIc

IlUvMuSIc Senior Member

Youre just in a chavvy mood!! ^
    =]

5. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

6. _chris_

_chris_ Marxist

S'the same laws pal. It aint devolved.

Anyway, why protest against scientology? It'll acheive nothing and piss people off

7. lithium

lithium frogboy

Surely an end in itself:tongue:

8. IlUvMuSIc

IlUvMuSIc Senior Member

but he said "Hail Xenu" which sounds like sciengtologisty to me. Actually thats nt a word but i had ya foooled didnt i!! i did... admit it... =]

9. Roffa

Roffa Senior Member

OMG I just read that Nancy "Bart Simpson" Cartwright donated $10 million to the "Church" of Scientology last year. What a waste.

Nanu Nanu!

10. Roffa

Roffa Senior Member

That's not true, Scotland always had its own legal system even after Union with England.

Ever noticed a big building called the Scottish Parliament at the bottom of the Royal Mile? What do you think they do in there all day?

11. Quoth the Raven

Quoth the Raven RaveIan

Eat haggis and flirt with each other in kilts ;)

12. JKP- Pistol Pete

JKP- Pistol Pete Member

I Do Hope To See You All In London This June
    WE NEED YOU !! Sorry I Cannot Submit The Poster For The Cannabis Legislation March, More Info Here ( LCA/ Humedi.Org ) Together We Can Make a Difference www.hg420.com/medical

Pistol Pete / JKP

13. _chris_

_chris_ Marxist

Don't patronize me pal. I pretty much live at the bottom of the royal bloody mile. And How cops act at demo's and your rights at these things aren't devolved issues, and are covered by UK law.

14. Rah

Rah Member

I am all for it. The church of scientology are cat killers. They breed house cats just to use them in soup and instead of chicken. Once scientologists move in to an area the cat population decreases vastly. so watch out and lets get scientology from where it is, get it on the floor and give it a good ruffing up
    Do they spend all day trying to understand each others accent ? and wondering WTF och aye the noo means

15. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i like you more and more every day.

16. mamaKCita

you know, i think y'all have been hit up with a slick move. pretend interest in something or other for a moment so that they can hand you an "ATTEND MY CHURCH/TEMPLE/STUDY GROUP/PYRAMID SCHEME RELIGION" flyer.

:spam: :spam: :spam:

17. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

I think people need to get a life.

18. mamaKCita

life is over-rated.

19. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

20. MilkofMagnesia

MilkofMagnesia Member

I was at the G8 protests, and yes, there are a few things you might find useful to know.

Section 60 was used (and misused) extensively in the G8 protests, although I have no reason to think it would be in this case. A wikipedia article explains this in detail:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_stop,_search,_detention_and_arrest_powers_in_the_United_Kingdom

Section 60 entitles the police to search you for WEAPONS and 'dangerous items'. As soon as you can prove that you have none, they cannot use section 60 to obtain any more information from you.

I don't see why the police would be so provocative to use section 60 in such a protest, but I guess it's good to know. Make sure that the police know of the protests in advance, otherwise it pisses them off.

Have fun!