Fear of Christianity...

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by FeelinGroovy, Aug 19, 2005.

1. FeelinGroovy

FeelinGroovy opposable thumb

Libertine, would you be happy if you convinced a Christian of your views and converted them to an Atheist?

2. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Don't worry about libertine. He knows that God exists, God just uses him to troll for our amusement.

3. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

So, do you know how she got healed?

Hey guys, Let's push Liberntine off a motorcycle so he can break all his bones,
    to see if he'll heal himself. :D

I believe the doctors would have studied it out to the last detail, because it's not every day that happens.

4. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

I don't convert people to atheism. If someone takes what I have said and later become atheistic, that is their choice.

Atheism is not a religion I am trying to convert people to. No, it is simply "lack of belief in theism".

I believe we can progress ONLY if you search for the truth no matter how much it may hurt our feelings. Because only then can we be free enough to become our own designers.

5. Libertine

"I can't explain it = JESUS DID IT!" --- Christian logic.

Do I know? ha ha...yeah it was Buddha. Good grief...you totally missed what I said about mysteries didn't ya?

6. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

From a previous post

If a man in the sky is not plausible, than neither is the world simply creating itself from nothing.

7. ryupower

Liberntine, are you a doctor?

8. Libertine

Yes, ryu. I perform surgeries everyday. Do you need a new brain?

If a doctor can't explain it (since they KNOW EVERYTHING about medicine and no PROGRESS can happen in the future) Jesus Did It!!! Yaaaay!!!

Come up with evidence and we'll continue this discussion in a serious manner and not one with "mysteries" you attribute to Jeeezzuussss because Dr. Sawbone couldn't explain it AT THE TIME.

9. FeelinGroovy

I agree with you that this is a very difficult part about Christianity. There are many "mysteries" associated with this and other religions for that matter.

I think that is one of the cruxes of religion. Not believing (relying purely on logic) is the easy way, and easily explainable way. I guess for those who are devoted enough in their faith, they don't need concrete evidence to justify their faith. I would also agree that to a non-Christian this would seem very goofy. I would want to know exactly how in the heck they holehartedly believe in that mumbo jumbo. What would it hurt for you to just relax, open your mind, and ask and search spiritually if there is anything out there? To ask: if it is there to let itself be revealed to you. If you truely have an open mind and don't find anything then I will respect that. What do you have to lose? If you are not afraid of Christianity like you say than there should be no problem.

10. FeelinGroovy

but would you be happy as my questioned asked?

11. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

LOL! I just spent 20 min.s typing out a post for this thread talking about how the christians in here could do more good by looking for and answerring sincere questions from people who really want to know what it's about instead of going on a witch hunt after the posters they see as flammers.

then I deleted it because I realised; all this defensiveness, self righteousness, and hostility actually does show newcomers what christianity's really all about.
    so, carry on.

12. ryupower

Don't you think they would have studied it?

13. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Libertine Rules!!! (seriously, I am totally for freedom of thought... as long as I can kill all dissenters)

14. iscreamchocolate

iscreamchocolate Senior Member

grab some popcorn and take a seat *pats a seat beside me*... LOL!!!

15. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Indeed...and i should do ya the courtesy of addressing the points in your original post.....

I'm not a christian hater, anti-christian or an attention whore (well, not in here anyway, i'm not here to make friends and influence peole)...

What i am interested in is religion (all religions), and peoples compulsion to follow it...I've studied the bible and am constantly facinated in how others, especially those who follow it faithfully, interpret it. How things that seem so abhorrent (but don't get me wrong, there is a lot of good in the bible as well) to me are perfectly acceptable to others.

So, i ask questions.......but I also respect answers (for example, yesterday i asked one of me usual "no answer" questions and recieved the reply "i don't know, it's just what I believe" and for me that's fine, faith ain't mine to shake and not why I ask).......so yes, I will ask the awkward questions...for my own curiosity as to an individual's answer....

Is that me casting provocation through the threads?

16. iscreamchocolate

iscreamchocolate Senior Member

best of all we get front row seats.. haha

17. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

So I guess my soul isn't worth anything sheesh

18. FeelinGroovy

I will hold you to this.

So if certian things can't be explained by science and you don't see any point in explaining them spiritually than how do you concieve of its reality? Not a provocation, just curious to your view.

19. Libertine

Do you believe in progress? Or Do you believe that WHAM all knowledge just happens?

Just because something cannot be proven in 2005, doesn't mean it can't in 2050.

Just because something was taken as divine in 2000 BC, doesn't mean that science can't refute it...as history has proven.

20. FeelinGroovy

In your profile it says "other" for religion. What is "other"?