Fear of Christianity...

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by FeelinGroovy, Aug 19, 2005.

1. FeelinGroovy

FeelinGroovy opposable thumb

I get the impression that many of the "resident" anti-Christians here on the Christian board fear Christianity. To me, by continually interrupting perposeful Christian threads and attempting to misdirect or change the original subjects it seems as if they are revealing a sort of fear of continuation of organized discussion among Christians.

Or maybe they are just attention "whores", nd find this an easy place to get attention.

So, If you are not just attention "whores" (which is ok because some people are just intrinsically like that), than what do you have to fear by allowing a christian thread to persist without derailing interuption?

I think the key here is getting to the bottom of exactly and precisely why anti-Christians "fear" Christianity. I really thing that "hate" is directly related to some deep down, subconsious, or otherwise unrecognized "fear".

2. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

This Forum is ALL topics relating to Christianity.

Don't get into the "fear", "hate" bullshit.

There have been several threads I have started. These threads or posts are usually based on two things : Statements or Questions.

The Christians are the ones posting threads calling us "sent by the antichrist", "haters", "working for Satan", etc. etc.

I, feel, because they can't give any good counters to the arguments proposed.

It's safer to ad hominem or say "you don't understand" or use netherworld threats than it is to back up the bullshit.

You call it fear, but I for one have watched your army of Christians march into the abyss in the arrogance of assuming that I am "ignorant" of their Bible and their religion.

Examine for yourself in such threads as:

"God Is Love?"
    "so........."
    "Proof Texts..."
    and these current ones

No wonder you guys cringe when I come in here.

I can hear the knees knocking when I turn on my computer.

It's not me, my mind, but it is the FEAR of knowing that an advanced former scholar has entered your playground and the real game is ON.

3. UrsusKind

UrsusKind U like Chris Farley?

oops doubole posted

4. UrsusKind

UrsusKind U like Chris Farley?

Funny I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I also had the thought that maybe they are transfering the negative thoughts they have about themselves or thought they once held to Christianity.

Like when they rant about how sex isn't a filthy sin, and the church is just, making people afraid of there natural bodies. Perhaps they were the ones who feel the sex they do is dirty and vile. I was always taught that sex was a extremely beautiful thing that two people in love share.

I think they take the guilt they feel from the first act of their sins and rather than saying I guess I did something wrong they say those damn Christians made me feel guilty, when it was the true part of themselves.

Maybe I don't know much of nothing 'cause there is so much to know.

5. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Where do you draw the line tho'?

I don't think I'd either describe myself as anti-christian or a christian hater....

I have, however interupted threads to ask a question.....and in this forum been told by a thread starter that their concieved purpose of the thread was not to answer questions, even tho' the question was pertinent to the theme of the thread......I've also had questions totally ignored, which was a shock.

Where do you (personally, and others) draw the line between a genuine question/interruption in a thread......and downright antagonism of those discussing a theme?

6. Libertine

I love how you all rationalize everything into your "littlegodbox".

:rolleyes:

7. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

They just want attention from Christians, and, most being Atheists, just want to argue out their oppinions and saying "You're stupid because you believe in anything that's not carnal."...nothing else. They're not afraid. Just bored.

8. Libertine

Uh... no.

Ryu, you are just pissed because NONE OF YOU could come up with anything other than esoteric bullshit to argue your point with.

The slaying of the ugly beast of religion is my hobby, yes. And the record stands for itself, obviously.

However, now you are all going to go cry in your Bible and lick your wounds...

Because, you have NO EVIDENCE and NO REASON behind the myths you say you believe, but don't follow.

9. ryupower

:confused:
    You and MrRee.

What, you prophesying? :p

Supernatural evidence, yes. Scientific/historical evidence, yes.

10. Libertine

GIVE IT TO ME. The "Evidence"....REAL, TANGIBLE, SOLID EVIDENCE...no bullshit attached.

I want the "evidence" because if you give me crap, I'm going to rip it to shreds like I've done the rest of these pitiful "arguments".

11. FeelinGroovy

I think it is obvious where I draw the line. I, by no means, do not fully welcome atheists etc. into thought provoking discussions, Nor do I find any goodness in a thread where only Christians do the postings. Many times though ant-Christians have nothing intelligent to add to add to a discussion or a truely thought founded question, but they will still post something inflammatory that has nothing to do with the post.

What, then is the fear of letting a post continue peacefully without interjecting with something irrelevant and just plain inflammatory.

It is kind of like some of you have e-terrets or something. Or, maybe you are attention whores. Which is ok and the rest of us will just have to accept that and put up with it.

Oh, I don't agree with posts like ""sent by the antichrist", "haters", "working for Satan", etc. etc. if they are directed against flaming the humanity of anyone regardless of religion or lack of.

Many Christians here are young, immature, and have not fully developed who they are religiously. THis takes a lot of time and living and revelating. However there are also many non-Christians here who are immature, have not found themselves, and seem to be very unsatisfied and even discontent at just letting others be who they are withought getting a rise out of bashing them.

12. Libertine

Because you obviously don't know what "thought-provoking" means.

I hear you talkin' but you haven't proven anything, nor addressed my previous debates in which I have dismantled all the tripe.

Talk is cheap.

13. FeelinGroovy

Ok, now I am beginning to agree with you Ryu, It appears as if everytime some attention seeking people feel belittled by comments like yours they come back with something even more inflammatory than before. It appears as a repetitive pattern that reflects the validity of your very statement.

I still welcome true inquisitors into the realm of Christianity, as well as open minded and non-hostile oponents.

14. iscreamchocolate

iscreamchocolate Senior Member

I don't "fear" christianity...you guys can think whatever you want and believe whatever you want.. some of us just question it... could it just be that some of us are actually curious as to why you chose this path? Also just curious why you think the things you think? I'm not trying to change you to think differently.. I just am trying to show you that their are many possibilities and many different reasons for things.. Have you ever questioned your beliefs?? Have you ever questioned your christianity. Have you ever questioned that maybe you MIGHT be wrong, even the slightest?? Have you ever wondered that maybe not everything in that bible is telling the truth? Do you think so strongly that christianity is the way to go? Or think that your religion is more powerful and more real then any other? Again, i'm not trying to drive you away from christianity...

15. Libertine

All I've ever asked for is PROOF AND DECENT ARGUMENTS.

All I've ever been given is excuses, threats and insults.

And I am open-minded to reason, but not threats, insults or unproven esoteric rambling arguments.

16. iscreamchocolate

iscreamchocolate Senior Member

I'm not an atheist.. I don't have a religion at all. I don't want the attention. If I wanted to get attention from christians, I could do a whole hell of a lot more for that.. but just asking simple questions is not trying to get attention. we all have opinions.. and you guys do a lot of argueing out on your own opinions.

17. ryupower

YOU want Evidence? My friend has some.
    She was healed supernaturally by Jesus and the Angels, and the Doctors couldn't understand it.

She was a victim of domestic violance, her husband hit her head in the ground, and beat her so up that her spine was shaped like an S, a real S, not some normal spine S, and many of her bones were broken. She was angry, she never knew Jesus, and in the hospital bed she cried out " GOD! Either You heal me, or kill me!".
    And guess what? He healed her. Along with giving her a vision of her mother in heaven.
    The Doctors came the next day, and took a look at her. To their amazement,- it was all healed. They couldn't explain it.

She's got REAL proof on paper.

One can dismiss it as proof for evolution, but snakes actually have stumps of limbs hinting that they once had legs.
    But then, how did the writers of the Bible know that? How'd they know that snakes once walked on all fours?

18. FeelinGroovy

I've proven everything to myself!!! Would I not be in vain to try to prove something to someone with their well-documented mind already made up and as closed minded as you?

If you were to be genuinely openminded and willing to actually listen and consider the posibilities, only then would you be primed for enlightenment.

One cannot learn or be convinced if they are not willing. This is quite obvious, so why would I or anyone else be such a sucker to be bashed or criticized by you for even our most compelling or convincing arguements? You've paved this path for yourself. Hopefully when you truely are ready to be convinced with our "proof" it won't be to late and you will be able to convince others that you hace indeed stepped off of your path.

19. Libertine

Oh...for fuck's sake... PROVE IT was "Jesus and the Angels" and not some natural anomaly. Just because "I can't explain it = JESUSDIDIT!!! YAAY!!" That's not proof.

What did Jesus sign it? ;)

Did they also talk and eat dust?
    :rolleyes:

20. ryupower

I wasn't talking to you. ;)
    I never saw any flame from you here before....