Fear God

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by TrippinBTM, Aug 27, 2005.

1. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

What does it mean to fear God? Seems stupid to fear something that is pure love. Isn't God on our side?

I say, don't fear god... fear man.

2. AannaSolo

AannaSolo Member

Maybe, if "God" needs you to do something important, to be humble, to listen to "Him", you may feel a little shaky on it until you get it right. "Running hot and cold" is another term for it...

3. thumontico

thumontico Member

I see absolutely no point in pointing out the hypocrisy of theistic mythology. If people are gullable or unconcerned enough not to notice the obvious inconsistencies therein, then I say fuck em.

4. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I was just asking what it meant. I never understood it. I can see fearing a Greek god, those guys were assholes. Maybe even the Jewish God. But if the Christian God is love, why fear that? I don't get it.

5. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Don't christians think that the jewish god is their's as well?

6. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

well, they do sometimes, but then other times they say jesus sortof outdated the whole OT. The basic premise of Christianity is that their god is a god of love. Such is my understanding.

7. tommyboy487

tommyboy487 Member

Sure I fear man more than I fear god. But isnt god in all of us?
    I say fuck fear.
    I love man more than i love god. easy as that.

8. Dan67

Dan67 Member

To fear God, actually means to respect God. The translations from Hebrew to English and other languages has given unbelievers what they believe to be ammunition against the faithful. But it is really worthless word games. The condition of the word today begs for Gods Fatherly loving ways. The Commandments are commandments out of love from our spiritual Father.

9. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Don't have any appreciation for a horror movie either, huh? I'd rather bust God being creepy then fear God.

10. thumontico

thumontico Member

Yeah but you respect God because of the wrath he has the ability to bring upon you which is just a circle. Fear God else you burn in Hell.

Kharakov "I'd rather bust God being creepy"
    Yeah, like God always watching everyone masturbate. God's a voyeur, thats why he made it illegal, so more people would do it, righT? sick bastard

11. Dan67

Dan67 Member

You just aren't getting it. RESPECT, not fear. IT IS FOR OUR OWN GOOD. THE HELL THAT WE HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT, IS THE ONE WE MAKE OURSELVES.

12. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

fear allin abductions, fear the loch ness monster, fear bigfoot, fear godzilla & mothra & king kong

13. thumontico

thumontico Member

fear global warming, fear religion's effect, fear bush, fear rednecks

14. telepylus

telepylus Banned

fear yourselves

you freaks

15. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

When ever someone says that, you know some bad stuff is about to go down... ;)

16. dutch_diciple

dutch_diciple Member

Dan is right about 'fear God'. it's not real fear but respect and standing in awe before God.

At some point in one of the 4 gospels, Jesus tells people to fear God. Then some sentences slater, He says smth like: do not fear for God has counted every hair on your head. So this fearing of God is not being afraid, for He knows us better then ourselves and we find comfort in His fatherheart. Fearing God cannot mean being afraid of Him, because Jesus said not to be afraid of God because He knows us. The fearing is indeed respect, not being frightened.

17. Dan67

Dan67 Member

Word games and smartass winks are not what I am talking about either.

18. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Nope. God is giving you a handjob when "you" masturbate. God controls all, takes a little bit of time to teach a soul what this means.

19. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

You ever had a hurricane up the ass?

God's a leading cause of death, you can't blame people for being a little scared. [​IMG]

20. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

my god can beat up your god

be afraid..be very afraid

theres a monstor under the bed & his name is god