Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas ... favourite quotes!

Discussion in 'Cult Movies' started by Spuff, May 30, 2004.

1. Soberbeah

Soberbeah Member

Panic, it crept up my spine like the first rising vibes of an acid frenzy

Let's get down to brass tax, how much for the ape?

2. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Member

oh, god....i laughed my ass off when i heard that.

but my favorite quote has already been posted, the san fransisco in the middle 60's part. such great words. hunter s thompson is by far my favorite author

3. Freekske

Freekske Member

This movie rocks my socks

"You took too much,man. Too much, too much"

just brilliant

4. SunrayDustShower

SunrayDustShower Member

I just recently saw this movie for the first time and I fell in love. Beneicio del Toro is a sexy man, even when he plays a slightly overweight "Samoan" lawyer. Johnny Depp, many props as usual. Although I think Raoul and Jack Sparrow are very similar guys.

"You've got my pen! GOD DAMNED HIPPIES!"

5. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

"as your attorney i advise you to snort some of that cocaine in your briefcase there"

LMFAO

6. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

"as your attorney i advise you to snort some of that cocaine in your briefcase there"

LMFAO

7. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

I love this movie so much! It's chock full of great quotes. I hope I'm not repeating too many of them!

Raoul:You're not racist are you?
    Hitchhiker: Hell no!
    Raoul: Good, because despite his racial handicap...

Dr. Gonzo: Just admiring the shape of your skull

Raoul: Could they hear me? Was I talking?

So many more but I've got to find my book!

Peace and love

8. badfish

badfish Member

Raoul Duke: A drug person can learn to handle such things as seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to deal with this trip.

Raoul Duke: Bazooko's Circus is what the world would be doing every Saturday night if the Nazis had won the war. This was the Sixth Reich.

Raoul Duke: With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

This movie is insanely great. You don't fully understand it until you watch it while you are EXTREMELY high.

9. sunnycynic

sunnycynic Member

"of course the gentleman has a major credit card! do you realize who the fuck you're talking to?"

"i always test the transmission that way."

"you want me to throw this in the tub when white rabbit peaks?"

"men in red woolen shirts were getting kicks he'd never dreamed about.."

"as your attorney, i advise you to start drinking heavily."

"lucy paints pictures of barbara streisand!"

and of course the quote in my signature

10. short-man420

short-man420 Member

the movie is full of so many great quotes

the "wave speech" is amazing

"after years of dealing with drug people i learned, you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug"

so true

11. short-man420

short-man420 Member

i can't believe i forgot this one

Raoul Duke: "There's a uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, I dunno, electric snake, coming straight at us."
    Dr. Gonzo: "Shoot it."
    Raoul Duke: "Not yet, I want to study its habits."

12. Imagine11

Imagine11 Member

Yeah, pretty brilliant. Reading the descriptions of the drug use though... I had never read anything like it before. It was well beyond hedonism and into what seemed to me essentially like masochism. You know?

Johnny and Benicio Del Toro did great in the movie.

13. Grapefruity

Grapefruity Sunny Side Up

You will lose me maybe at half the movie, due to the joint will have smoked before or just how boring i find the movie, zzz.

14. mondoglove

mondoglove Member

shit, if fear and loathing is boring then i'd hate to see an exciting movie. i guess your eyeballs have to be exploding to get to that level of intensity.

...........extremely menacing vibrations were all around us...........

15. Stiney

Stiney Member

Ahh god, what a brilliant film, there are so many great lines in it, most have them have been said. The only one I can remember off the top of my head is when Depps at the DEA meeting with all the cops and theirs a drug education film playing and the narrator says

"Know your dope fiend. You will not be able to see his eyes because of tea shades, but his knuckles will be white from inner tension and his pants will be crusted with semen from constantly jacking off when he can't find a rape victim"

16. Stiney

Stiney Member

Actually another of my favourites that the other people that no ones posted yet has to be this one, very poingnant in a film thats essentially a fucked up comedy, and one that some of the people that post on this site, particuarly on the Psychedelic forum, should really commit to memory,

"We are all wired into a survival trip now. No more of the speed that fueled the sixties. That was the fatal flaw in Tim Leary's trip. He crashed around America selling "consciousness expantion" without ever giving a thought to the grim meat-hooked realities that were lying in wait for the people that took him seriously.....All those pathetically eager acid freaks who thought they could buy Peace and Understanding for 3 bucks a hit. But thier loss and failure is ours too. What Leary took down with him was the central illusion of a whole life'style he helped create........a generation of permanent cripples, failed seekers, who never understand the old mystic fallacy of the Acid Culture: the desperate assumption that sombody...or at least some force - is tending the light at the end of the tunnel."

17. dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy Swampmiester

i like the bit where the cop was late at checking in & the clerk said

"I ve been fucked around by a fairly cross-section of mean tempered rule crazy fuzzy little shit heads, so now its my turn .... Fuck you officer I'm in charge & I'm telling you I don't have a room " Classic !!!!

18. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Beautiful movie. :)

19. misterjables

misterjables Member

Dogs fucked the pope, no fault of mine-Raoul Duke

20. PlaceboAddikt

PlaceboAddikt Paranoia!

"Can i call you a cab?"
    "...I'll call you a cocksucker!"