FDA gives green light for magic mushroom research

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by drumminmama, Oct 31, 2018.

1. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Score one for science over fear.

"
    As reported by Medscape Medical News, investigators from Imperial College assessed pre- and posttreatment fMRI data for 19 patients with TRD who received psilocybin in a study published October 2017 in Scientific Reports.

The patients experienced significant improvements in depressive symptoms 1 day posttreatment — and almost half met criteria for a full response at 5 weeks. In addition, whole-brain analyses showed decreases in cerebral blood flow in the temporal cortex and increased resting-state functional connectivity after treatment.

"During exposure to psilocybin, the brain is in a different, more fluid state, where it is not possible to continue having their traditional negative thinking patterns, and in the majority, the brain resets into a nondepressive mode," lead author David Nutt, MD, PhD, professor of neuropsychopharmacology at Imperial College, said at the time.

guerillabedlam likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I have done mushrooms so many times! I used to sell them at school. I used to feel like they were the answer to prayers. I'm wondering though how to treat depression with them. For instance, do you take them every day?

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

they are micro dosing.....I dont know what that entails but I have this from a professional in mental health field.....I highly doubt any these patients are seeing god during treatment

soulcompromise likes this.